Snowdrop engine has amazing amazing detail

xmx1024

643545986554333987.gif

If you're a hardcore gamer, you probably know Snowdrop, the new game engine used in the new Tom Clancy's The Division. I'm not, so I learned about Snowdrop through this new video just released for the Game Developers Conference 2014. It's unbelievable.

Amazing new Snowdrop engine being used for the next Tom Clancy game.

source= http://sploid.gizmodo.com/i-cant-believe-this-is-not-actual-video-of-a-forest-bu-1548347306

Embedded video:

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Embedded video:

Does it automatically parse? Can you give me the code? cx sorry not familiar with ipboard

Does it automatically parse? Can you give me the code? cx sorry not familiar with ipboard

all i have to do to embed a video is just paste the link in the post. no special code at all

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

your link was a https link not http 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

let me be the first to say... oh my fucking god. this looks incredible. this as well as redkit engine are the future.

the level of awesome is over 9000 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Im sorry but this is beyond old like this video has been out since last year!!!

Yea but the game won't look anywhere near this good on console maybe not even the PC. It might be an option on PC though but I expect performance to be like it is on Crysis.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Was "Snowflake" taken?

Despite my hatred of Ubisoft, I might consider buying The Division. Might. But that would require some angelic behaviour from their scuzzball CEOs, PR people and devs from now until then. And no more attempted fuckovers of customers either. As well as good reviews of this game.

Basically, it's almost impossible. Their executives are rotten, hamfisted lowlifes that I fully expect to piss on some party again soon, and their PR department should be renamed "office of public insults".

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Im sorry but this is beyond old like this video has been out since last year!!!

OP posted the wrong one. @bob345 posted the more recent dev video.

This engine doesn't contain anything new. It's just built from the ground up to be easier to use. The graphical quality is just below that of CryEngine and slightly better than Frostbite.

The only thing I find impressive is the destruction system, as it's very fleshed out and dynamic. 

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I'm taking this wit a grain fo proverbial salt. AAA games always look far better in development trailers and engine showcases then when finished. Exceptions being BF4, and Far Cry 3. Still, Ubisoft is known to deliver *sometimes* so I'm pretty sure I'll be playing this when it comes out.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Dam that looks good.  I really hope we get more advancements in next gen games soon.  I always love advancements :D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

If you're a hardcore gamer, you probably know Snowdrop, the new game engine used in the new Tom Clancy's The Division. I'm not, so I learned about Snowdrop through this new video just released for the Game Developers Conference 2014. It's unbelievable.

I guess i'm not hardcore enough.. :<

Ok so this is not really news now is it? Seen this trailer months ago.

But have you noticed they even have a German Shepard and I bet it looks better than the CoD one does.

As to performance they say be prepared to enter the next gen of gaming. gtx780; R9290 and above?!

I don't think I'm going to get too hyped about this yet, considering the newest marketing trend seems to be "Show amazing-looking 'gameplay videos' when it's announced and steadily get graphically worse as you get closer to release". (Watch Dogs anyone?)

The only thing I find impressive is the destruction system, as it's very fleshed out and dynamic. 

that's probably why the game is being delayed to god knows when.

Does anyone know when it is supposed to launch?

But have you noticed they even have a German Shepard and I bet it looks better than the CoD one does.

It's not hard to look better than CoD xD

I don't think I'm going to get too hyped about this yet, considering the newest marketing trend seems to be "Show amazing-looking 'gameplay videos' when it's announced and steadily get graphically worse as you get closer to release". (Watch Dogs anyone?)

Yes, but that was on PS4, we have to wait to see what the PC version will look like. :) I'm still optimistical, but I'll leave room for some humble pie when it comes out.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Completely agree. When compared to existing engines like CryEngine3 Snowdrop isn't that impressive...

Looks much better than any game I've seen running on CryEngine though. Crysis 3 was actually cringe worthy in some places, especially when you walked around in long grass.

Maybe I'm a bit biased because the Crysis series is a steaming pile of shit and the Division actually has me interested.

The woods look pretty awesome. The cityscape still looks very good, but it's comparable to the other next gen games. However the woods are in a league of their own. Dragon Age: Inquisition doesn't have that much detail, and neither does The Witcher 3. I'll be mad as hell if a high end Maxwell card (870 or 880) can't run this game on max settings.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

Those graphics look incredible. I'm so excited.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

(Watch Dogs anyone?)

All of last year's footage was on PC. The recent footage is on PS4. PS4 looks like shit, PC should be excellent.
Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

OMG BUMPMAPPING, LIGHTING FX, AND PARTICLES!!! OMFG!!! Not that impressed, can you tell?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)