Thermals after repasting; Hulp please

Ravioli-Ravioli
Go to solution Solved by Lord Nicoll,
3 minutes ago, Ravioli-Ravioli said:

Yep yep and yes! I used the MX-4 Stuff, Remounting was smooth and fans are all working better than they were Im just still having issues ;/

Should be fine then, if you manually spread it and everything was good you should have have good thermals, my guess is you must have maybe not screwed the heatsinks on fully or maybe something happened (or moved) and you didn't know it did, but if all went well and you're still getting those thermals, I'd repeat the process and see if the results are the same.

I just repasted 

Are these expectable thermals for a mid game session of cyberpunk on my Laptop with a GTX 1070Q? frames were around 50-60 but I cant help but worry its kind of throttling.

What do more experienced pasters think, I'm new. Paste is the MX paste

edfawerferfaerwgaerg cyberpunk stats.jpg

14 minutes ago, Ravioli-Ravioli said:

I just repasted 

Are these expectable thermals for a mid game session of cyberpunk on my Laptop with a GTX 1070Q? frames were around 50-60 but I cant help but worry its kind of throttling.

What do more experienced pasters think, I'm new. Paste is the MX paste

edfawerferfaerwgaerg cyberpunk stats.jpg

Disable the auto overclock. Your CPU temp has me more worried. The GPU can handle that up to 105 C. Your CPU should be throttling already.

14 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Disable the auto overclock. Your CPU temp has me more worried. The GPU can handle that up to 105 C. Your CPU should be throttling already.

Wow thank you wait so my cpu is the things that's throttling things here what?!? is it factory like overclocked. I didn't even notice

-- Edit I'm A little worried. I am not sure how to turn the overclocking off?

Screenshot 2021-01-25 162849.jpg

1 minute ago, Ravioli-Ravioli said:

Wow thank you wait so my cpu is the things thats throttling things here what?!? is it factory like overclocked. I didnt even notice

Screenshot 2021-01-25 162849.jpg

The screen you show in the first screenshot has the auto overclock setting enabled. That is likely the cause of your problems. The heatsinks of the gpu and cpu are directly linked to one another. Once the GPU heats up it will heat up the CPU as well, which cannot handle those high temps really well. By overclocking the GPU, it will run hotter then usually and therefore make the cpu hotter at the same time.

So update found this but because you suggested the defualt was overclocked I'm left holy unsure what to set these values to to discontinue stressing my laptop.

Thanks again for the help I appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

The screen you show in the first screenshot has the auto overclock setting enabled. That is likely the cause of your problems. The heatsinks of the gpu and cpu are directly linked to one another. Once the GPU heats up it will heat up the CPU as well, which cannot handle those high temps really well. By overclocking the GPU, it will run hotter then usually and therefore make the cpu hotter at the same time.

Sorry about that. Will I be safe from now on using these settings and temps at idle?

Screenshot 2021-01-25 164032.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ravioli-Ravioli said:

-snip-

What paste did you use, and did you clean the old paste off, and remount everything correctly. Did you remember to reconnect the fans?

Yours faithfully

Then you might have not done it well. How did you do it? Big blob and just let the cooler squish it? Laptops kinda need a little help with spreading it out so putting dots of paste or just a thickish sheet of it helps a lot. Also is mounting pressure ok?

1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

What paste did you use, and did you clean the old paste off, and remount everything correctly. Did you remember to reconnect the fans?

Yep yep and yes! I used the MX-4 Stuff, Remounting was smooth and fans are all working better than they were Im just still having issues ;/

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Then you might have not done it well. How did you do it? Big blob and just let the cooler squish it? Laptops kinda need a little help with spreading it out so putting dots of paste or just a thickish sheet of it helps a lot. Also is mounting pressure ok?

Thnaks for the help yeah I used the spatula to spread it on both of them and I was getting pretty go idle thermals is the weird thing in the mid to low 40s so Im so confuseddd

3 minutes ago, Ravioli-Ravioli said:

Should be fine then, if you manually spread it and everything was good you should have have good thermals, my guess is you must have maybe not screwed the heatsinks on fully or maybe something happened (or moved) and you didn't know it did, but if all went well and you're still getting those thermals, I'd repeat the process and see if the results are the same.

Yours faithfully

30 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Should be fine then, if you manually spread it and everything was good you should have have good thermals, my guess is you must have maybe not screwed the heatsinks on fully or maybe something happened (orepeat the process and see if the results are the same.

Thanks so much this helps a lot

-> Moved to Cooling

E: Also merged. Please don't post multiple times about same stuff.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv