Adobe Premier Pro 2021 requires STUIDO drivers to export video when using CUDA/Hardware encoding. 

MoosCrew

Summary

Adobe Premier Pro 2021 requires STUIDO drivers to export video when using CUDA/Hardware encoding. 

Quotes

"well this sucks" as I export with my GPU at 100% before the app crashes.

My thoughts

Now I have to dual boot Windows...one with Game Drivers and another with Studio drivers for my GPU. 

Sources

Me...first hand.

Also 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/august-2020-nvidia-studio-driver/

19 minutes ago, jaslion said:

So basically the age old don't update adobe stuff thing unless you have time to deal with a mess problem. Not great.

Creative Cloud doesn't let you not do that.

One of the office people couldn't update adobe CC software to 2020 without needing 1903/1909. so... yeah.

2 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Creative Cloud doesn't let you not do that.

One of the office people couldn't update adobe CC software to 2020 without needing 1903/1909. so... yeah.

It does. You need to confirm to update so you can stay on older versions. Technically I should not be able to even use ps 2017 for example but I am.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

It does. You need to confirm to update so you can stay on older versions. Technically I should not be able to even use ps 2017 for example but I am.

Yeah, good luck staying on 2017 when you move PC's though.

1 minute ago, Kisai said:

Yeah, good luck staying on 2017 when you move PC's though.

Oh I did. You can basically do what pirates do for tricking cc and get any version. Then just boot up cc with your account and it will just be like oh hey you are still using the old version you should upgrade. I mean this is how I still have flash 2015. I pay for their software and if they suddenly say oh yeah we did something bad so now you can't use this software you paid for and that I need because of legacy projects that are still in full use today well sorry but I will break cc to keep my stuff.

It's not like I don't pay for them. They've gotten enough of my money through the years already :p. If I could switch I would but I can't so oh well.

Not so bad for people who edit video professionally on a dedicated PC... But this comes and fuck over every gaming content creator out there who uses Premiere.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Not so bad for people who edit video professionally on a dedicated PC... But this comes and fuck over every gaming content creator out there who uses Premiere.

Exactly 😕 

Flip side...maybe this will provide better performance with the studio driver than continue to use game drivers? *shrug*

7 minutes ago, MoosCrew said:

Exactly 😕 

Flip side...maybe this will provide better performance with the studio driver than continue to use game drivers? *shrug*

It's adobe often it gets worse before it gets better. So I'd say benchmark it and see. Or look for people that do some benchmarks.

Just now, leadeater said:

Adobe never seems to fail to disappoint.

But it just works so well!!! Then again.... GIMP is pretty good compared to photoshop, shotcut definitely has some catching up to Premiere though. I haven't tried DaVinci in like 5 years, so maybe that's a bit closer.

Just now, spartaman64 said:

use davinci resolve

Or Microsoft Movie Maker 🙃

Jokes aside it might well become anything but Adobe if they go down this path. What's next? Quadros and Titans only?

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Adobe never seems to fail to disappoint.

I mean you know photoshop and you know the brush tool right? Well guess what. It doesn't work or just stops working at random in the newest version of photoshop. Not just on your drawing tablet but on your mouse too. How do you mess that up so badly.

You know what is even worse. The original release of version 2021 the move tool didn't work in the same way as the brush like that is the standard selected first tool and it doesn't work or stops working withing half and hour 100% of the time how do you mess that up so badly. It was fixed in like a day but still how do you mess that up so badly.

Was having a lot of 'you can't save that' going on when I first got my 3090 in photoshop too. Adobe really is industry standard garbage.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

The only way I would find this at least acceptable is if there was a meaningful increase in performance...

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

4 hours ago, MoosCrew said:

Summary

Quotes

My thoughts

Now I have to dual boot Windows...one with Game Drivers and another with Studio drivers for my GPU. 

Sources

Me...first hand.

Also 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/august-2020-nvidia-studio-driver/

So this is a bug?

Have you reported it to NVIDIA yet?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Rather, how much gaming performance do I lose when I use studio drivers?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

3 hours ago, StDragon said:

Anyone 

Is Ubuntu Studio any good? Seriously thinking of dual-booting into it.

No idea, has to be better the Movie Maker though but then everything is better than that. 

Theres an absolute miniscule difference using studio drivers for gaming.  If you have a huge problem with the gaming drivers with premiere, you're not losing a noticeable amount of performance using studio for both.  Max difference I've seen is 1-2 FPS.

30 minutes ago, ryzenbob said:

Theres an absolute miniscule difference using studio drivers for gaming.  If you have a huge problem with the gaming drivers with premiere, you're not losing a noticeable amount of performance using studio for both.  Max difference I've seen is 1-2 FPS.

I know some games require updates drivers to run at all but what I don't know is if there is a difference in compatibility between gaming drivers and studio drivers. Will studio drivers have the required updates to play the latest game? Or is that only part of the game drivers? 

42 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I know some games require updates drivers to run at all but what I don't know is if there is a difference in compatibility between gaming drivers and studio drivers. Will studio drivers have the required updates to play the latest game? Or is that only part of the game drivers? 

When it comes to game optimization and readiness the studio drivers from my understanding just lag behind the gaming ones, by months. So there may be potential for problems but lately I've really only seen this as performance, it's not like back in DX9 to very early DX11 where games may not run at all or would be graphically broken without the most current drivers. That used to be rather common so it's great that is far less so now.

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

nVidia makes tweaks for specific games, that's why the release notes of every version call-out specific games. That's also why the vast majority of games and software that isn't a AAA title gets "optimized" while everything else either has to work around quirks and bugs in the drivers, or just use middleware that already is.

Is this even news? Or just one user having a very specific problem?

I use GRD on my gaming systems, and Studio on others. As far as I can figure out, they're the same apart from GRD being updated way more frequently, strangely enough often to match up with major game releases with optimisations for them. Outside of those latest games, haven't noticed any difference, nor for compute use cases. Don't/wont use Adobe products so can't comment there.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible