Best headphones I can get for $150-$200 gaming and listening to music

Coziestman

Hello, I know little to nothing about heaphones, but I am looking for the Best headphones I can get for $150-$200 when gaming and listening to music. I have been looking at the Beyerdynamic 990 DT Pros, but i rly dont know what to get. Preferably I would like the headphones to be wired too.,

The 990  is a good choice at this price point. It's an open design however, so if your environment is noisy you would be better off with the 770.

18 minutes ago, Coziestman said:

Hello, I know little to nothing about heaphones, but I am looking for the Best headphones I can get for $150-$200 when gaming and listening to music. I have been looking at the Beyerdynamic 990 DT Pros, but i rly dont know what to get. Preferably I would like the headphones to be wired too.,

Personally I have the steelseries arctis 7 and im loving it, it costs 150$, but it is wireless,

it doesnt require bluetooh though, you need to plug in a usb in your pc and with that you can connect it with the headphone. 

4 minutes ago, Svenvdv said:

Personally I have the steelseries arctis 7 and im loving it, it costs 150$, but it is wireless,

it doesnt require bluetooh though, you need to plug in a usb in your pc and with that you can connect it with the headphone. 

This isn't a good headphone for that. They are simply a, "gaming" headset. What do you expect from that do you think? If you haven't tried real good headphones then you shouldn't even be recommending them.

26 minutes ago, Coziestman said:

Also the DT 990 pros which I use atm. Are great. However REQUIRES an amp. And that is not an overexaggeration. They wont sound good at all without an amp. It is not about volume but also the way the headphone reacts to underpowering. The bass is sloppy and the highs are pretty "undetailed" without an amp. So if you got an amp then go ahead. Great headphones. But I am however going to recommend the X2HR since they have much much more soundstage with still good imaging. They have pads that are memory foam unlike the DT 990's The padding is better and the headband is comfier over a long time due to wearing out the padding on the 990's. Cable is also coiled and heavy on the 990's whilst the X2HR's have a straight fabric cable. X2's have much less treble peakyness and are less sharp. They have good deep bass and good mids unlike the 990 pros. Because they are open back, you'll leak sound however not audible outside that room. So these will be the best all rounder. Especially since they can be driven from a phone. 

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

19 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

This isn't a good headphone for that. They are simply a, "gaming" headset. What do you expect from that do you think? If you haven't tried real good headphones then you shouldn't even be recommending them.

Also the DT 990 pros which I use atm. Are great. However REQUIRES an amp. And that is not an overexaggeration. They wont sound good at all without an amp. It is not about volume but also the way the headphone reacts to underpowering. The bass is sloppy and the highs are pretty "undetailed" without an amp. So if you got an amp then go ahead. Great headphones. But I am however going to recommend the X2HR since they have much much more soundstage with still good imaging. They have pads that are memory foam unlike the DT 990's The padding is better and the headband is comfier over a long time due to wearing out the padding on the 990's. Cable is also coiled and heavy on the 990's whilst the X2HR's have a straight fabric cable. X2's have much less treble peakyness and are less sharp. They have good deep bass and good mids unlike the 990 pros. Because they are open back, you'll leak sound however not audible outside that room. So these will be the best all rounder. Especially since they can be driven from a phone. 

Thank you, Do you know were i might find a cheap amp thatll do the job?

37 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Also, I have no idea what ohm is. There is a 80ohm and a 250ohm version, which one would be better for my purposes.

1 hour ago, Coziestman said:

Also, I have no idea what ohm is. There is a 80ohm and a 250ohm version, which one would be better for my purposes.

Do not buy the 990's if you want good sound sound quality without at least a 50 dollar+ amp. The X2's are a better pick for you.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

45 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Do not buy the 990's if you want good sound sound quality without at least a 50 dollar+ amp. The X2's are a better pick for you.

the philips x2s?

1 minute ago, Coziestman said:

the philips x2s?

Yes. X2HR. X2's are the same just a revivification of the old X2's. Some things are improved on the HR's but minor things I think.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

1 minute ago, Tigerleon said:

Yes. X2HR. X2's are the same just a revivification of the old X2's. Some things are improved on the HR's but minor things I think.

Do they sound nearly as good as the 990s

Just now, Coziestman said:

Do they sound nearly as good as the 990s

I would say, according to reviews and a friend of mine, that they are more "refined" and are more enjoyable for games and music due to the treble not being sharp and piercing. The more openness of the X2's would definitely be an experience and a half coming from a closed back.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

You have some decent options but it depends entirely what type of games you play and what type of music you listen to.