Which cooler for Ryzen 5 3600

haso9458

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask, so I wanted to make a new Pc build in my desk. That is why I need a low profile cooler. After watching one video from linus where he was comparing watercooling with air and the outcome was that aircooling had the better performance, this is why I want to buy a low profile air cooler. But I could not really decide which would be the best choice in order to get the best cooling experince.

These are my possible choices:

• Noctua NH-L12S: https://www.amazon.de/Noctua-NH-L12S-Low-Profile-K%C3%BChler-leisem/dp/B075SF5QQ8/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=1UYVWZT60C9MO&dchild=1&keywords=noctua+low+profile&qid=1611595798&sprefix=noctua+low%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-3

• Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 chromax.Black: https://www.amazon.de/Noctua-NH-L9a-AM4-chromax-Black-Low-Profile-Schwarz/dp/B083LQVX5W/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=1UYVWZT60C9MO&dchild=1&keywords=noctua+low+profile&qid=1611595798&sprefix=noctua+low%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-5
  • Noctua NH-L9i chromax.black: https://www.amazon.de/Noctua-NH-L9i-chromax-Black-Low-Profile-LGA115x/dp/B07Y892M38/ref=sr_1_8?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=1UYVWZT60C9MO&dchild=1&keywords=noctua+low+profile&qid=1611595798&sprefix=noctua+low%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-8

Maybe here someone can share their experiences with me 

1 minute ago, haso9458 said:

After watching one video from linus where he was comparing watercooling with air and the outcome was that aircooling had the better performance

it's a lot more complicated than that, and not every single air cooler will perform better than every single water cooler. At the end of it all, surface area tends to be the biggest consideration.

If you are building a PC in a desk, you are likely able to get quite a lot more surface area with a water cooler than with an air cooler, and have much better cooling, since a large 240mm radiator would not need to be directly on top of the CPU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

22 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

it's a lot more complicated than that, and not every single air cooler will perform better than every single water cooler. At the end of it all, surface area tends to be the biggest consideration.

If you are building a PC in a desk, you are likely able to get quite a lot more surface area with a water cooler than with an air cooler, and have much better cooling, since a large 240mm radiator would not need to be directly on top of the CPU.

Do you have any advices which I could buy? My budget for the cooler would be around 100 Euros.

Just now, haso9458 said:

Do you have any advices which I could buy? My budget for the cooler would be around 100 Euros.

well, are you doing a custom desk case or are you buying one of the high end options from someone like Lian Li?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

well, are you doing a custom desk case or are you buying one of the high end options from someone like Lian Li?

I am doing a custom one, I dont have the exact dimensions for the desk right know, I wanted to decide on it after completing the pc. I have bought the msi b450 gaming pro max carbon mobo for now only.

1 minute ago, haso9458 said:

I am doing a custom one, I dont have the exact dimensions for the desk right know, I wanted to decide on it after completing the pc. I have bought the msi b450 gaming pro max carbon mobo for now only.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/c4MTwP/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-240-563-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-acfre00046a

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/8mJtt6/corsair-h100x-liquid-cpu-cooler-cw-9060040-ww

here are some decent options.

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

thanks, these would be enough to cool the ryzen 5 3600 right? I do not want to oc or anything. I will mainly use it for gaming and development.

I am running same cpu with same aio as above, just 1 fan on it. And it does the job, cpu temp never went over 50 but I never done hard gaming with new titles. Nice and quiet as well.