How to determine if my laptop supports USB visual adapters?

Mega2

My laptop is an HP laptop whose specs can be seen here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i5-12gb-memory-256gb-ssd-natural-silver/6413692.p?skuId=6413692

The laptop has no thunderbolt ports, only a USB-C (non-thunderbolt) and two USB-A 2.0 ports along with a single HDMI port. There's nothing to indicate that it does or doesn't support a USB visual adapter.

Without buying a USB visual adapter, how can I tell if my laptop will support a USB visual adapter to extend my screen to a monitor?

Edit: I have an Intel (R) UHD GPU

with "USB visual adapter", do you mean one of those "usb to displayport" or similar things?

as far as i know, most if not all of them just use a driver to do all the magic, and dont really have any 'compatibility' requirements past being able to install said driver, and having a USB port.

18 minutes ago, manikyath said:

with "USB visual adapter", do you mean one of those "usb to displayport" or similar things?

as far as i know, most if not all of them just use a driver to do all the magic, and dont really have any 'compatibility' requirements past being able to install said driver, and having a USB port.

By that I mean something that can get my USB port to display an image on a monitor.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-USB-HDMI-Adapter-External/dp/B00H91BQ7Y

21 minutes ago, manikyath said:

as a side question, what driver should I use if I have a Win10 computer? where would I find it?

1 minute ago, Mega2 said:

By that I mean something that can get my USB port to display an image on a monitor.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-USB-HDMI-Adapter-External/dp/B00H91BQ7Y

yeah, you just plug that into a usb 3.0 port (get an adapter from that usb c port) and drivers do the rest, there's nothing hardware-specific past a usb port that make those things tick.

Just now, Mega2 said:

as a side question, what driver should I use if I have a Win10 computer? where would I find it?

either windows finds it iself, or you check the manufacturer's website. 

that said, this being startech i'm damn sure they just use DisplayLink, because that seems to be the standard these days.