Why does my keyboard light up after I put my laptop to sleep?

Hi everyone, I use a laptop which is connected to a monitor. I typically prefer my laptop lid to be closed whenever I am working

However I have been noticing that after 30-60 minutes or so the backlight from my mechanical keyboard would light up for a period of time and then turn off even though I put my laptop to sleep. (I press alt f4 and then select sleep if anyone wants to know).

What do you think is causing this and should I be concerned?

My theory is that its just the laptop going into hibernation and for some reason that causes the mechanical keyboard to light up briefly but I am not sure which is why I decided to ask.

Thanks

If that time matches the hibernation delay that's configured then yes.

Other than that most current laptops use the terribly annoying "modern standby" and will wake up periodically.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2