Video editing, new PC or Mac?

Mgmdada

I have bought a 5900X which are hard to get a hold of. 

It's sitting in my room. 

I have started the returns process having emailed the company as I HAVE to return it within 2 weeks of purchase otherwise I can't get a refund. When I emailed them it was day 13. But it was a Saturday so it will be today that the returns process begins. 

I can likely cancel the returns process within a few days. So fast replies are much appreciated. Limited time left. 

I'm going to be editing videos everyday.

1080p for now. H.264.

Phone videos, screen recordings, compact camera videos and dsls videos. 

I'm undecided as to whether to get a Mac or build a new PC. 

My current build is over 8 years old. So if I were to build a new PC it would have to be an entirely new build. 

I'll be moving in a few months from my parents home to a rented place. I don't know where and what kind of place I'll get. So there might not be room for a full PC setup as I have now. Which includes 5.1 surround and 2 PC screens, one of which is like 15 inches and is very very old and the other a 24 inch old screen. 

I suspect, if I build my own PC, that it'll be much faster than what I could buy from apple? 

However final cut is very efficient with the hardware on apples right? So perhaps that means that final cut will perform as well as say... Vegas pro would on a more powerful machine than the Mac? 

I don't want to get premier pro because you have to pay monthly. 

I would much rather buy the program outright. Which isn't an option with premier. 

I'm a total beginner for video editing. So I'll need plenty of video tutorials not only for the start, but also slightly more complicated things. 

I reckon final cut has many more tutorials for all levels on YouTube, than Vegas Pro does. Am I right? 

I also read that final cut is just better than Vegas? 

Also I've had much headache with my PC that I built. Things like hardware manufacturers not releasing full drivers for windows 10, such as the fan control driver/software for my motherboard and no drivers for the asus xonar d2x, not to mention the many many other issues I've had which includes bsod's and having to reinstall windows multiple times, which is a mammoth task because I have to remember every single things I need to backup from every software, to be able to then reinstall windows. 

Macs just work. I have a MacBook air and have had no serious issues with it, unlike my own built PC. I read many people having issues with custom builds all the time, which includes with the latest hardware such as the cpu I recently bought (5900x) combined with the motherboard it's attached to. 

But then I'm primarily a windows user. 

It just seems overall, it's gonna make sense for me to get a mac of some sort. 

Either a MacBook or an iMac.

Thought? 

If I got the Mac route, what should I get, bearing in mind I might film at higher resolutions in the future. 

I want something that'll be fast. Not just 'it'll work'.

And I need it now. Not in April when the new M chip containing macs come out. 

Thanks. 

I5 3570k

RX 570 4GB

8GB RAM

Crucial SSD

20 minutes ago, Mgmdada said:

I have bought a 5900X

I mean this makes it easier and more sense to build a PC. Honestly the only reason I would get a Mac over PC is if I felt the software I would get would make my life easier or more productive than a PC.

The answer really depends on the software you will decide to use and not only for video editing, if you want to game or need to use some other specialized software on PC then go with PC it will more powerful but if you just want to do video/photo editing then I would go with Mac specifically the new mac mini m1 or the new macbook pro m1(same spec but has a screen and more expensive). I think Final cut is better then vegas. It's better optimized you will also save a lot of money (surprisingly, especially if you go with mac mini keep your current displays). I would watch some recent reviews of the apple m1 machines and how good they are with final cut, maybe some guides on how to use it, then compare to vegas and make your choice