BIOS reset after I cleaned my CPU

Mctech

Hello everyone, as the title implies, I recently cleaned my cpu and heatsink (got rid of the thermal paste), because I wanted to install a thermal pad. In order to do this, I took off the CPU from the motherboard because I wanted to clean the sides of the CPU (since poor thermal paste application led to the grease spilling over to the sides).

After this whole process, I booted and continued to use the PC normally. I however noticed that I wasn't getting the framerates I got before (by a margin of around 10). It wasn't a huge dip in performance, but I thought something was wrong. So, I looked in task manager and found that my ram was running at 2667 MHZ instead of the 3200 MHZ I set it to. So, I booted into the bios and the bios greeted me with a message: "Clear CMOS information: BIOS has been reset. Please re-config your BIOS setup items if needed".

I then had to re-enable XMP and now my RAM runs at 3200 MHZ.

With all this being said, should I be worried of anything? Or is this a normal thing when taking off a cpu from the socket (which I assume would clear the BIOS because it happened to me). Thanks!

also, I took off my m.2 ssd because I finally received some m.2 screws from amazon, and then put it back in (if this would do anything).