Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Installing a PC case fan

So tomorrow I plan on putting another be quiet silentwings 3 120mm fan in I have 3 currently installed 2 in front 1 in back, was going to put this new one in the top but was wondering where or how close to back fan I should place it and which side of fan is exhaust side. Thanks for help do I have my back fan turned the right way? Looking at photo 

62748114-6702-459D-9E40-67BD821F6E81.jpeg

image.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

exhaust side has no logo, same as your rear fan. I'd place it in the rearmost top spot so you won't rob airflow from your cpu cooler

Current Config:

Spoiler

R5 2600X @4.1ghz all core, 16GB Patriot 3200mhz, 1TB XPG SX8200 Pro nvme, RTX 2070 Duke, CM Elite 110 mitx, pair of KRK Rokit 6 monitors with 10in sub, BenQ TH671ST projector for 150" screen. 

MSI Prestige 14 with too many cooling mods to list out (it's quiet now)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd place it near the 2nd CPU heatsink tower (from left to right) so it sucks hot air from the graphics card

 

And exhaust side is where the cables are, some premium fans come with an indicator arrow in case you don't know

71pNpwwYa8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I'd place it near the 2nd CPU heatsink tower (from left to right) so it sucks hot air from the graphics card

 

And exhaust side is where the cables are, some premium fans come with an indicator arrow in case you don't know

71pNpwwYa8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Do I need to flip my rear fan around? So Bequiet logo is facing toward back of case

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, woody30 said:

Do I need to flip my rear fan around? So Bequiet logo is facing toward back of case

No, that fan is correct. It pulls air in the sticker side and pushes it out the back of the case as an exhaust.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

Project Hot Box

CPU Ryzen 7 5800x, Motherboard MSI MPG B550I Gaming Edge Wifi, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz (2x16), GPU AMD Raedon 6800 XT FE, Case Silverstone RVZ03B, Storage CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Noctua NH-L12S, Displays LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch, 32 inch curved that I can't find the model number for right now; UPerfect 7 inch LCD Aida64 Display, Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2020+ USB Mic, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Schiit Magni, Modi Loki mini stack. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

No, that fan is correct. It pulls air in the sticker side and pushes it out the back of the case as an exhaust.

Ok thank you and when I put new fan in, do I have sticker side facing up or down toward graphics card?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, woody30 said:

Ok thank you and when I put new fan in, do I have sticker side facing up or down toward graphics card?

This ↓

45 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

exhaust side has no logo

Is wrong. stickers or logos are not indicators for air direction, some fans have stickers on both sides. Your rear fan is fine.

 

Only one of these fans has a sticker on it yet both are exhausts.

8OgOpZt.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Caroline said:

This ↓

Is wrong. stickers or logos are not indicators for air direction, some fans have stickers on both sides. Your rear fan is fine.

 

Only one of these fans has a sticker on it yet both are exhausts.

 

on the specific fan they are using (the BeQuiet SW3) the logo is on the impellor which is the intake for the fan. 

If we are talking junk fans from random companies like you are showing they can be different

Current Config:

Spoiler

R5 2600X @4.1ghz all core, 16GB Patriot 3200mhz, 1TB XPG SX8200 Pro nvme, RTX 2070 Duke, CM Elite 110 mitx, pair of KRK Rokit 6 monitors with 10in sub, BenQ TH671ST projector for 150" screen. 

MSI Prestige 14 with too many cooling mods to list out (it's quiet now)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

on the specific fan they are using (the BeQuiet SW3) the logo is on the impellor which is the intake for the fan. 

If we are talking junk fans from random companies like you are showing they can be different

Both are 3800 RPM server fans with high CFM but why should I keep wasting time with an obtuse troll who thinks GamEINg!1! fans are way better.

 

And the best. There's a sticker on the other side as well but I guess some people are so eagerly rabid to prove they're right all the time they can't even do a 2 seconds search on google

IMG_3652.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Both are 3800 RPM server fans with high CFM but why should I keep wasting time with an obtuse troll who thinks GamEINg!1! fans are way better.

 

And the best. There's a sticker on the other side as well but I guess some people are so eagerly rabid to prove they're right all the time they can't even do a 2 seconds search on google

 

 

so you assumed "logo" meant "fan spec"

 

some people are so rabid about proving others wrong they just can't see correct information in front of them lol

Current Config:

Spoiler

R5 2600X @4.1ghz all core, 16GB Patriot 3200mhz, 1TB XPG SX8200 Pro nvme, RTX 2070 Duke, CM Elite 110 mitx, pair of KRK Rokit 6 monitors with 10in sub, BenQ TH671ST projector for 150" screen. 

MSI Prestige 14 with too many cooling mods to list out (it's quiet now)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, woody30 said:

Ok thank you and when I put new fan in, do I have sticker side facing up or down toward graphics card?

If in doubt, spin the fans and feel for which side the air blows to and from. One side you won't really feel air, the other side you'll feel air against your hand.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

Project Hot Box

CPU Ryzen 7 5800x, Motherboard MSI MPG B550I Gaming Edge Wifi, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz (2x16), GPU AMD Raedon 6800 XT FE, Case Silverstone RVZ03B, Storage CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Noctua NH-L12S, Displays LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch, 32 inch curved that I can't find the model number for right now; UPerfect 7 inch LCD Aida64 Display, Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2020+ USB Mic, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Schiit Magni, Modi Loki mini stack. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

well some fans have an arrow on it but the side were the fan arms attach to the motter like 99.9% of the time blows air out.

 

How to Manage Your PC's Fans for Optimal Airflow and Cooling

Edited by thrasher_565
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×