Installing a PC case fan

woody30

So tomorrow I plan on putting another be quiet silentwings 3 120mm fan in I have 3 currently installed 2 in front 1 in back, was going to put this new one in the top but was wondering where or how close to back fan I should place it and which side of fan is exhaust side. Thanks for help do I have my back fan turned the right way? Looking at photo 

62748114-6702-459D-9E40-67BD821F6E81.jpeg

image.jpg

exhaust side has no logo, same as your rear fan. I'd place it in the rearmost top spot so you won't rob airflow from your cpu cooler

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

3 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I'd place it near the 2nd CPU heatsink tower (from left to right) so it sucks hot air from the graphics card

And exhaust side is where the cables are, some premium fans come with an indicator arrow in case you don't know

71pNpwwYa8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Do I need to flip my rear fan around? So Bequiet logo is facing toward back of case

2 minutes ago, woody30 said:

Do I need to flip my rear fan around? So Bequiet logo is facing toward back of case

No, that fan is correct. It pulls air in the sticker side and pushes it out the back of the case as an exhaust.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

11 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

No, that fan is correct. It pulls air in the sticker side and pushes it out the back of the case as an exhaust.

Ok thank you and when I put new fan in, do I have sticker side facing up or down toward graphics card?

8 minutes ago, Caroline said:

This ↓

Is wrong. stickers or logos are not indicators for air direction, some fans have stickers on both sides. Your rear fan is fine.

Only one of these fans has a sticker on it yet both are exhausts.

on the specific fan they are using (the BeQuiet SW3) the logo is on the impellor which is the intake for the fan. 

If we are talking junk fans from random companies like you are showing they can be different

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Both are 3800 RPM server fans with high CFM but why should I keep wasting time with an obtuse troll who thinks GamEINg!1! fans are way better.

And the best. There's a sticker on the other side as well but I guess some people are so eagerly rabid to prove they're right all the time they can't even do a 2 seconds search on google

so you assumed "logo" meant "fan spec"

some people are so rabid about proving others wrong they just can't see correct information in front of them lol

2 hours ago, woody30 said:

Ok thank you and when I put new fan in, do I have sticker side facing up or down toward graphics card?

If in doubt, spin the fans and feel for which side the air blows to and from. One side you won't really feel air, the other side you'll feel air against your hand.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

well some fans have an arrow on it but the side were the fan arms attach to the motter like 99.9% of the time blows air out.

How to Manage Your PC's Fans for Optimal Airflow and Cooling

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links