GPU running at x8 instead of x16

Hi.

My Zotac RTX 2070 super Amp Extreme is running at PCIe x16 3.0 @ x8 3.0 checked in GPU-Z. I have tried reinstalling the drivers for GPU. I have reinstalled windows as well and updated the bios of the motherboard as well. Last week my GPU started doing wired stuff like green and blue lines in videos on YouTube using hardware acceleration. the video was glitching and was playing frame by frames. My wallpaper engine started glitching as well on hardware acceleration and My local stored 4k, HDR videos started glitching as well and was playing frame by frame. Disabled the Hardware acceleration resolved the issue. Then after 2 days, the GPU stopped working and I was unable to install the driver and the device manager was giving an error in GPU [Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) ]. Frames were dropping and the games started to crash after every 10 mnts. So I gave the GPU for RMA. Today I got the newly replaced unit of GPU. Youtube, Wallpaper engine is working fine now on hardware acceleration now and my local stored 4k, HDR videos are working fine as well but the GPU is still running at x8 instead of x16. I have stress tested the GPU and CPU as well and checked the wattage usage in HWmonitor if it's fluctuating or not.I have reseated the CPU GPU, reseated all PSU connectors, I have updated the Mob BIOS as well. I have posted the video link below this was happening with the last GPU

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2u3BS426gQ

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: Asus EX A320M ( update to latest BIOS.

I have nvme ssd as well I have tried removing that as well it's still running at x8

Please help, Thank you

15 minutes ago, Hornet- said:

PCIe x16 3.0 @ x8 3.0 checked in GPU-Z

It does this at idle. This is normal. Under load it'll ramp up.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

It does this at idle. This is normal. Under load it'll ramp up. GPU- Z was unable to identify the cars spec as well. I have added few SS these are of old GPU.

I have stress tested as well it's not going pass x8.

IMG_20210104_141712.jpg

IMG_20210111_004358.jpg

21 minutes ago, Hornet- said:

Asus EX A320M

According to the mobo specs:

Expansion Slots

3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode)
2nd and 1st Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics /7th Generation A-series/Athlon X4 Processors
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x8 mode)

Perhaps the mobo thinks your CPU is 2nd gen?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Perhaps the mobo thinks your CPU is 2nd gen?

only apu's are limited to the x8 mode

I am scared of its a motherboard, CPU or a PSU issue and it might damage my RMA GPU as well.

12 minutes ago, Hornet- said:

I am scared of its a motherboard, CPU or a PSU issue and it might damage my RMA GPU as well.

Read this:

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2488-pci-e-3-x8-vs-x16-performance-impact-on-gpus

I don't believe you'll see much of a performance difference.