Will a Nvidia Quadro 4000 with 2 GB of RAM work for fluid simulations in Blender?

I know that the optimal level of RAM for the GPU is 4 GB but I've got a pretty tight budget. Will this graphics card work ok for Blender simulations?

I got a quadro 5000 I can test it with if you want. Got a project file you want me to use?

Do you have the card already, if not, id get a newer gtx card, those quadros are ancient now.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I got a quadro 5000 I can test it with if you want. Got a project file you want me to use?

Do you have the card already, if not, id get a newer gtx card, those quadros are ancient now.

Gotcha, do you know of any newer ones that might work with a Dell PowerEdge T420 server? I haven't bought the graphics card yet.

2 minutes ago, Mega2 said:

Gotcha, do you know of any newer ones that might work with a Dell PowerEdge T420 server? I haven't bought the graphics card yet.

Basically any pcie gpu should work, so somehting like a 1650 or 1660 should work fine.

10 minutes ago, Mega2 said:

Hold up, most servers have PCIe wattage limitations (25 watts through the PCIe slot) and the rest will have to come from external power.

So be mindful of this, check your mobo manual and see if the T420 is the same

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.