Buzzing sound - but when I tap the case it disappears ?

venomx

Any ideas ?

Since installing some brand new corsair case fans ocasionally I get a buzzing sound, which completely stops when I squeeze the case slightly at the front.

??

Could be caused by (slight) vibrations that cause something else to vibrate in sync, which then emits the sound (harmonic vibration). Touching your case probably temporarily stops those from happening. There's stuff like this to decouple the fans from the case: https://www.amazon.com/Anti-Vibration-Silicon-Fan-Gasket-120mm/dp/B07147CSLS

Maybe check if something like this came included with the fans already (or something like a rubber washer to put between fan and case)

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Can you bend the case a little there or put something to pad the buzzing panel?

Yeah I got that problem with my Meshify C case, randomly vibrates sometimes and then it goes away. I suppose the right RPM for some fans hit the sweet spot for the case to dance :old-laugh: 

6 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Yeah I got that problem with my Meshify C case, randomly vibrates sometimes and then it goes away. I suppose the right RPM for some fans hit the sweet spot for the case to dance :old-laugh: 

Interesting. I too have a Meshify C TG ( just installed it yesterday )

With the stock fans it was so quiet I thought the fans weren't even spinning.

I've since made it so I have 3 intakes at the front, one at the top, and one at the back.

It's usually silent, but ocasionally the buzzing. Turning the fan speeds down has helped. So has tightening some screws and ocasionally squeezing the case lol

Here is the sound...

22 hours ago, venomx said:

stuff

I have two 120mm fans on the front and top, thought about one at the back but its fine as is.

Making sure the sidepanel being sealed tightly is definitely the most important thing. Though sometimes I leave it a bit loosened if im opening/closing it more frequently. Those little round things can get annoying sometimes and having to clean finger smudges off.

5 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

I have two 120mm fans on the front and top, thought about one at the back but its fine as is.

Making sure the sidepanel being sealed tightly is definitely the most important thing. Though sometimes I leave it a bit loosened if im opening/closing it more frequently. Those little round things can get annoying sometimes and having to clean finger smudges off.

Yeah i tightened the side panels and took the dust protector off now it's fine.

And yeah the finger marks on the glass are annoying

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv