5 short beeps after RTX install, but CPU is fine?

DJPaws

::Updated::

Unsure about this one, my Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite Wifi Mobo started giving me a strange POST beep code (4 short beeps followed by 1 lower tone short beep) after I installed my new RTX3070 about 2 months ago and has been doing it ever since. 5 beeps is CPU error but everything was functioning fine and running smoothly. I never thought anything of it until recently when my 2nd monitor started to artifact on me. I disconnected it thinking it was the issue but then when i tried connecting a different monitor in its place, my main monitor started doing the same thing. While running just the single monitor the PC functions 100%. I tested the 2nd and 3rd monitors separately, as well as in both displayport and hdmi connections, and did a stress test on the card and on the CPU, and everything came back as fine. 

Prior to the install of the video card, PC would POST with a single beep, so I know the system was fine then. I no longer have another GPU laying around so i cant put it back in to see if the 5 beeps goes away.The only reason I am bringing up the GPU is for the fact that i was not getting this POST beep code prior to this install, but im at a loss since its tied to the CPU and yet everything functions fine. I attached DXDiag file, GPUZ snapshot as well as a short clip of the beep code. Lemme know what you guys think

GPU_Z_DETAILS.gif

DxDiag.txt

Edited by DJPaws

Those 4 rapid beeps before the one  sounds like real time clock malfunction.  Had a z390 aorus master that did this same thing to me shortly after my 3080 install.  Motherboard took a crap on me. Checked ram, swapped cpu, gpu power supply checking everything. Same gen hardware (ryzen 3000/Intel 9th gen), may be worth checking into. Not what you want to hear , but your case sounds eerily similar to mine.  

Rig Main Parts

• i9 13900k
  • Z790 ROG Strix-E
  • Zotac RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo
  • NZXT Z73RGB AIO
  • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mhz 16gbx2
  • MSI A1000G PCI5 ATX 3 1000w PSU
  • Lian Li 0-11 dynamic Razer 
  • Sandisk Extreme PRO 1TB NVME
  • Sandisk Ultra 1TB NVME
  • OCZ Trion 150 1TB SSD
  • 5 additional TT pure plus rgb 120 fans

Monitors/Peripherals

• Acer Predator x35 - 3440x1440 / 200hz 
  • LG C1 48” OLED
  • Razer Huntsman Elite Keyboard
  • Razer Basilisk Ultimate Mouse
  • Shure SRH1540 headphones
  • Schiit Hel 2E Dac/Amp
  • Blue Yeti Mic
  • KRK Rokit 8 G4 monitors
  • KRK S10.4 Subwoofer
  • Razed Enki Gaming Chair
  • Philips Hue Gaming lights
  • Fanatec GT DD Pro 8nm w/shifter, handbrake, csl pedals/clutch, and wrc wheel on Next Level Racing F-GT lite
  • Razer Panthera StFV edition fight stick
  • Razer Goliathus RGB mousepad
  • Razer Wolverine Ultimate Controller
  • PS5 Disc

11 hours ago, VadersDad said:

Those 4 rapid beeps before the one  sounds like real time clock malfunction.  Had a z390 aorus master that did this same thing to me shortly after my 3080 install.  Motherboard took a crap on me. Checked ram, swapped cpu, gpu power supply checking everything. Same gen hardware (ryzen 3000/Intel 9th gen), may be worth checking into. Not what you want to hear , but your case sounds eerily similar to mine.  

I was thinking that was a possibility as well but I wasn't sure because the pattern the beeps came seemed off to me. Sucks because the motherboard is only 7 months old D: I'll do a little more digging around to see if I can find a solution before going to the extreme and swapping the board out. Worst case scenario it's still under warranty thru microcenter so at least I'm covered there if I have to change it out.

Thanks for the input, still open for anyone else if they have other thoughts on it

Yeah dude it’s unfortunate if that’s the case, I ordered mine thru Newegg and gigabytes service is crap so I was out the 350 or whatever. Good luck man.

Rig Main Parts

• i9 13900k
  • Z790 ROG Strix-E
  • Zotac RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo
  • NZXT Z73RGB AIO
  • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mhz 16gbx2
  • MSI A1000G PCI5 ATX 3 1000w PSU
  • Lian Li 0-11 dynamic Razer 
  • Sandisk Extreme PRO 1TB NVME
  • Sandisk Ultra 1TB NVME
  • OCZ Trion 150 1TB SSD
  • 5 additional TT pure plus rgb 120 fans

Monitors/Peripherals

• Acer Predator x35 - 3440x1440 / 200hz 
  • LG C1 48” OLED
  • Razer Huntsman Elite Keyboard
  • Razer Basilisk Ultimate Mouse
  • Shure SRH1540 headphones
  • Schiit Hel 2E Dac/Amp
  • Blue Yeti Mic
  • KRK Rokit 8 G4 monitors
  • KRK S10.4 Subwoofer
  • Razed Enki Gaming Chair
  • Philips Hue Gaming lights
  • Fanatec GT DD Pro 8nm w/shifter, handbrake, csl pedals/clutch, and wrc wheel on Next Level Racing F-GT lite
  • Razer Panthera StFV edition fight stick
  • Razer Goliathus RGB mousepad
  • Razer Wolverine Ultimate Controller
  • PS5 Disc

13 hours ago, VadersDad said:

Yeah dude it’s unfortunate if that’s the case, I ordered mine thru Newegg and gigabytes service is crap so I was out the 350 or whatever. Good luck man.

I found a solution over on toms hardware. For some reason there is a comparability issue with the RTX cards when CSM is enabled in bios. It's apparently I somewhat known issue and is being fixed in the future.

For now, disable CSM compatibility and the beeps will go away.