How should I clean my motherboard, and how often should I do it?

Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
4 minutes ago, karksars said:

Some says that you should use air blower, which one should I opt for?

Just some canned air is by far the easiest and most practical way. Obviously, the PC has to be fully off, including the switch at the back of the PSU.

I am so confused, I have a motherboard, very dirty never cleaned it, My friend told me you should not keep your motherboard dirty and Then I did a YT search and I found this, I assume this is a prank sort of thing. But then I read some article, I found few of them. https://formulapc.net/how-to-clean-motherboard/ i found this one that says I can use Isopropyl alcohol. Some says that you should use air blower, which one should I opt for? 

4 minutes ago, karksars said:

Some says that you should use air blower, which one should I opt for?

Just some canned air is by far the easiest and most practical way. Obviously, the PC has to be fully off, including the switch at the back of the PSU.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

That video is a joke. You don't ever need to clean your motherboard from a functionality perspective, but if you want it to look good you could spray it with canned air or use a paper towel (or qtip for hard to reach places) soaked in isopropyl

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

3 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

That video is a joke. You don't ever need to clean your motherboard from a functionality perspective, but if you want it to look good you could spray it with canned air or use a paper towel (or qtip for hard to reach places) soaked in isopropyl

Qtips are those cotton swabs use to clean ears right? I'm not from the america so i'm just confirming. Thanks buddy :)))

6 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Okay, I think if air doesn't took of the dust, then only i should use alcohol right? BTW thanks my friend 🙂

Just now, karksars said:

Okay, I think if air doesn't took of the dust, then only i should use alcohol right?

There is no need for that, other than if you just want to do it for the looks. Dusting it off with canned air is more than enough, a small amount of dust here or there doesn't break anything.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Unless you leave your motherboard for many years without cleaning it there is no need to do anything other than blow the dust off now and again. Anyone saying you need to clean it from anything other than an aesthetic point of view is trolling/lying to you (Theo Joe is troll content btw) UNLESS you're doing LN2 overclocking and need to clean off Vaseline or other goop.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

11 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

There is no need for that, other than if you just want to do it for the looks. Dusting it off with canned air is more than enough, a small amount of dust here or there doesn't break anything.

Okayyyyyyyy, My board is 1.5-2 years old. I think I just need to clear the dust off. 🙂