PC Case electrocute me, is it the pc fault or my electrical socket ?

s7even

Hey guys, i have searched the forum about this topic and have read some solutions and the possible culprit for this kind of case, but still, wanted to give details about mine.
Attached the image is how bad the current is on my pc case.
I haven't checked if there's a fraying cable or if the mobo is touching the case, i have to wait until weekend (Asia here) to try to disassemble the pc since im using it for work, is there a quick way to check for this without opening the pc parts ?

Also i'm thinking my electrical socket is the culprit because my laptop also electrocutes me if i just barely touching it (or accidentally nudge it) which also the same case with my metal keyboard; it only electrocute me when i accidentally touch it.
But, my father said all of our electrical output are properly grounded ? Still, i haven't checked trying it with another electrical socket yet.

Really wish to hear you guys take on this, thanks!

Spoiler

IMG_20210124_220139.jpg

Ryzen 5 3600 | ASRock B450 Pro4 | GTX 1650 Super MSI Aero | KLEVV CRAS X 16GB 3200mhz | WDC SN550 & WDC Blue 1TB 7200rpm | Seasonic GX-650 | Corsair 275r Airflow 

Grounding issue for sure. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

53158104_Screenshot_20210124-091857_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.f09c1f694c6508d1664a325606e3dc78.jpg

Not sure what country you live in but grab one of these, for your outlet type, and confirm your outlets are wired properly. 

If they are it could be a psu issue. 

Knowing this, whats the next step that i should take ?

EDIT : I'll look into this thanks! 

Just now, Velcade said:

53158104_Screenshot_20210124-091857_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.f09c1f694c6508d1664a325606e3dc78.jpg

Not sure what country you live in but grab one of these, for your outlet type, and confirm your outlets are wired properly. 

Ryzen 5 3600 | ASRock B450 Pro4 | GTX 1650 Super MSI Aero | KLEVV CRAS X 16GB 3200mhz | WDC SN550 & WDC Blue 1TB 7200rpm | Seasonic GX-650 | Corsair 275r Airflow 

7 minutes ago, Velcade said:

Found it and i can buy it tomorrow, but would you have non-cost suggestion that i can do for now ? 😄 
I take it i just plug it in and want the dot to be Two as in 'correct' and hopefully not get 1 (although if its correct then our prediction is wrong), am i correct ?

Spoiler

4eb5c8d3-d517-41fa-b0cc-f44b4cfa48e3.png

Yes what you're looking for is the dots to display (from left to right) red red nothing

If the outlet is grounded properly it would lead to a PSU issue. 

Alright, i'll post the update tomorrow, thanks a bunch Velcade!

When I was a kid, I used to go swimming at Celebrity Fun Center in Denver.   I'd swim for 30 minutes, then I'd take a quarter and play some video games.  Except they didn't have ANY of those games on grounded outlets.  If I touched anything metal on any of those machines, like the coin slot, I got a shock so horrible I thought I would die.

So yeah... it's your ground.  😉

If you DO find that your outlets are properly grounded, the problem could be a poor ground within the PSU.  Your chassis is grounded by the PSU being screwed into it.  Inside the PSU, there's a ground screw from the PSU housing to the Earth  ground wire.  If that connection is loose, or poor QC prevented that screw hole from getting painted over (they're supposed to put masking tape over the hole, but... China), then you'll have poor ground and your case can be energized from leakage current.