Computer crashing and I can't figure out why. Could be PSU?

QHM

Mobo: MSI B450
GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 KO
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

CPU Cooler: (Just the one that came with the CPU from AMD forget the name)
PSU: Seasonic GX-550 80+ Gold
Memory: GSkill Ripjaws 8gb DDR4 3200

So for about a week now my computer has been just randomly crashing after about 10-15 minutes of playing a game. It doesn't BSOD. It just goes to a black screen, usually restarts once immediately crashes then restarts normally the second time.

• Reliability monitor just says that windows did not shut down properly and nothing else.
  • I fresh installed windows and all drivers to check if that was the issue
  • I had XMP enabled but turned that off and my memory is now running at 2133 and it still happens
  • sfc /scannow says everything is all good
  • I can web browse totally fine without this happening. 

Let me know if I forgot some info. thanks for the help. 

I would suspect an unstable overclock or an overheating part... even the power supply.  Is the computer sitting on carpet?  If so, you could be choking the power supply intake.

Your power supply should be more than enough to power your current specification. I would narrow it down to three things: memory, GPU, and power supply. First thing I would do is a memtest, to try and see if the RAM produces any errors. There's also a possibility that you have an unstable power supply or GPU.

10 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

I would suspect an unstable overclock or an overheating part... even the power supply.  Is the computer sitting on carpet?  If so, you could be choking the power supply intake.

No it is not sitting on carpet, but I did just start running memtest and got an error so now I’m just trying to figure out which specific stick it is. Hoping it’s this simple 

Your power supply should be more than enough to power your current specification. I would narrow it down to three things: memory, GPU, and power supply. First thing I would do is a memtest, to try and see if the RAM produces any errors. There's also a possibility that you have an unstable power supply or GPU.

Followed this and immediately hit an error on memtest. Honestly hoping this is the issue because as far as all the possibilities this is relatively simple and cheap to deal with. It just seems a little strange to me for the RAM to just randomly go bad after 6 months 

1 hour ago, QHM said:

Followed this and immediately hit an error on memtest. Honestly hoping this is the issue because as far as all the possibilities this is relatively simple and cheap to deal with. It just seems a little strange to me for the RAM to just randomly go bad after 6 months 

RAM is by far the most likely component to be DOA, but to go bad after 6 months is unusual, at least in my experience. The good news is that is a very cheap fix. 

7 hours ago, 514_AppleGuy said:

Your power supply should be more than enough to power your current specification. I would narrow it down to three things: memory, GPU, and power supply. First thing I would do is a memtest, to try and see if the RAM produces any errors. There's also a possibility that you have an unstable power supply or GPU.

So I have a kit of memory that I know for a fact works but now mem test is failing with those as well, any thoughts? 

16 minutes ago, QHM said:

So I have a kit of memory that I know for a fact works but now mem test is failing with those as well, any thoughts? 

If you know 100% that your other RAM kit is good, then it’s most likely your main board.