CPU Always at 60+ even outside of gaming

Lakestk

it seems that my cpu is always running warmer than its supposed to be. i found my cpu fans extremely loud so decided to check HWmonitor and it seems my cpu is always above 55C-63 when not gaming. When gaming it easily reached 75-80 and after that slowly overtime goes up. highest ive noticed it reach was 90C in MW Warzone after atleast a couple hours (dont know exactly hm hours). I decided to renew the thermal paste since during building i touched the thermal paste under the fan thinking that might of been it, but still got the problem. 
Then i noticed 1 of the 2 cpu fans are turned the wrong way, but can that really make 15-20C difference assuming its that much? i am not exactly in the mood of taking out even the motherboard to change that since screws are unreachable otherwise + would take ages to get it done.

My Build is almost completely new besides my SSD HDD and case.
Specs: 
Mobo: MSI MPG X570
GPU: Msi 3070 Gaming X Trio
CPU: AMD Radeon 7 5800x
PSU: MSI MPG A850gf
CPU Cooler: ICUE H100i RGB PRO XT

PS: Dont ask what my case is as i dont even know. i bought my whole pc prebuild from a shop 4 years ago.

desktop.jpg

Capture.PNG

HWMonitor is broken for Ryzen... use Ryzen Master or HWInfo 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, Lakestk said:

it seems that my cpu is always running warmer than its supposed to be. i found my cpu fans extremely loud so decided to check HWmonitor and it seems my cpu is always above 55C-63 when not gaming. When gaming it easily reached 75-80 and after that slowly overtime goes up. highest ive noticed it reach was 90C in MW Warzone after atleast a couple hours (dont know exactly hm hours). I decided to renew the thermal paste since during building i touched the thermal paste under the fan thinking that might of been it, but still got the problem. 
Then i noticed 1 of the 2 cpu fans are turned the wrong way, but can that really make 15-20C difference assuming its that much? i am not exactly in the mood of taking out even the motherboard to change that since screws are unreachable otherwise + would take ages to get it done.

My Build is almost completely new besides my SSD HDD and case.
Specs: 
Mobo: MSI MPG X570
GPU: Msi 3070 Gaming X Trio
CPU: AMD Radeon 7 5800x
PSU: MSI MPG A850gf
CPU Cooler: ICUE H100i RGB PRO XT

PS: Dont ask what my case is as i dont even know. i bought my whole pc prebuild from a shop 4 years ago.

desktop.jpg

Capture.PNG

What temps does Ryzen Master say?

If it's still high, I'd suggest reseating and repasting the cooler. Also, get the fans in the right direction, you don't want them to be in opposite directions on the same radiator.

27 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

HWMonitor is broken for Ryzen... use Ryzen Master or HWInfo 

currently at 75-76 with a Maximum of 90C dont think it reached 90 since its just bouncing around 75-76~image.png.58f03684ebb5c2ee8369719c278f0dec.png

Sounds like you may have a lot of background processes running on your CPU if its idling and staying that high. Post a screenshot of your Task Manager Processes tab. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

36 minutes ago, Naijin said:

What temps does Ryzen Master say?

If it's still high, I'd suggest reseating and repasting the cooler. Also, get the fans in the right direction, you don't want them to be in opposite directions on the same radiator.

around 75-76 with 90C maximum. well, i repasted the cooler when redoing the thermal paste.

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Sounds like you may have a lot of background processes running on your CPU if its idling and staying that high. Post a screenshot of your Task Manager Processes tab. 

currently playing warzone so thats why 75 atm, but am worried of it even having hit a 90 once yesterday. ill quote you againg at a later point after starting up the pc and if its still around the 60~ then with ryzen master.

The Ryzen 5800x is... broken... there are wide spread reports of 5800x processors running extremely hot.  Many people have been returning theirs while others aren't seeing the issue.

11 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

i lowerd the voltage in BIOS by .1 and im around 53C~ now when just browsing watching stuff.

3 hours ago, Lakestk said:

i lowerd the voltage in BIOS by .1 and im around 53C~ now when just browsing watching stuff.

its possible its a reporting bug thats scheduled to be fixed in the next AGESA update from AMD. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

7 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

its possible its a reporting bug thats scheduled to be fixed in the next AGESA update from AMD. 

im sorry, not sure what exactly this means? is it saying that the readings are incorrect from the actual temperature of the cpu or?

On 1/24/2021 at 4:05 PM, Lakestk said:

currently playing warzone so thats why 75 atm, but am worried of it even having hit a 90 once yesterday. ill quote you againg at a later point after starting up the pc and if its still around the 60~ then with ryzen master.

i fixed the 1 fan on the radiator that was incorrectly placed and im sticking around 48C~ when just on youtube and discord.image.png.3f55bd82b095398847893f1d996042e6.png