24 Pin Connector looks like its not plugged in. (fixed)

Go to solution Solved by minibois,

This latch has to catch on this hook:

image.png.c4dd5cdc91173380b670afad62dd2d6f.png

So yes, the cable is not connected properly at the moment.

Push in the cable on both sides, maybe with some on the other side of the motherboard - like a piece of cardboard - so you can apply force without bending the motherboard.

Motherboard: MSI B150M Mortar

PSU: Corsair SV650

received_246027343667549.jpeg

Push in the cable on both sides, maybe with some on the other side of the motherboard - like a piece of cardboard - so you can apply force without bending the motherboard.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yeah, you need to push harder until the retainer engages. 

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

although it's not recommended, but you can try wiggling it left and right to get it in there

24-pin is very hard to plug in without wiggling, so make sure you support the back of your board

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 hour ago, minibois said:

why not using oil just little bit?.. if not. maybe i not helping...

Before using the brute force method, take a look inside both connectors to make sure nothing is bent.  I had a 8-pin pci cable extension that was not centered and would not go in until i straightened it.

Looks like it needed more force to get it in. Thank you all for help ❤