Yes they all still work and yes I still play them <3

I mean, who wouldn't play those games?! They may be a bit dated, but they're still awesome 馃檪

Is that an AGS-001 or AGS-101 GameBoy SP?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses:聽https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards work:聽https://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

I mean, who wouldn't play those games?! They may be a bit dated, but they're still awesome 馃檪

Is that an AGS-001 or AGS-101 GameBoy SP?

Im honestly not sure lol. How can I check? Do you know?

1 minute ago, yaboistar said:

you left your camera on vaporwave mode

Nah the bulbs are on blue atm is all 馃檪

35 minutes ago, PhoenixFire22588 said:

Im honestly not sure lol. How can I check? Do you know?

Two ways to check:

- turn the console around and look on the sticker. At the top after "GameBoy Advance SP" it will say the model number.

- the difference between the 001 and 101 is the lightning. 001 uses front lightning, which is either on or off. The 101 has a backlight that has a couple different levels of brightness.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses:聽https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards work:聽https://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 hours ago, minibois said:

Two ways to check:

- turn the console around and look on the sticker. At the top after "GameBoy Advance SP" it will say the model number.

- the difference between the 001 and 101 is the lightning. 001 uses front lightning, which is either on or off. The 101 has a backlight that has a couple different levels of brightness.

its the 001 馃檪

keep it playing man (; I do It when I want to feel less weight on my shoulders

1 hour ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Man, I miss my Game Boy Advance SP. Used to play the hell out of Tetris Worlds, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Super Mario Land on mine.

Gameboy has always been pretty much just about Pokemon for me haha. I think the only other gameboy games I played were Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons (LoZ)

I feel you OP, sometimes the old stuff is just better/more fun...聽 聽(not pictured, N64, switch lite, game & watch, xbox, ms. pacman arcade cabinet,.. all that is downstairs.)聽

it's like a gaming addiction, lol聽

20210126_152650.jpg

20210126_152710.jpg

1 hour ago, Ultra_Kaiju said:

I feel you OP, sometimes the old stuff is just better/more fun...聽 聽(not pictured, N64, switch lite, game & watch, xbox, ms. pacman arcade cabinet,.. all that is downstairs.)聽

it's like a gaming addiction, lol聽

20210126_152650.jpg

20210126_152710.jpg

My god... you wanna be friends? lol

Thats a really nice collection though. The only physical console I have left is my trusty SP (life has been a wild ride lol) but on my PC I've got over 200 games on steam + some on Epic + battlenet + minecraft lol Got some of my old favorites on emulators. NES, 64, GBC, GBA, DS, OG Nintendo.聽

Do you play other games to take a break from your main games? So do I lol

Do you play "walking" sims when you want a "break?" So do I lol

yeah I bounce around a bit. I'll play Assassins Creed or Ghost of Tsushima on ps4,.. then I'll play Mario games for a week,.. or fighting games (Injustice or Street Fighter)... then Zelda,..聽 repeat.聽

Sometimes I get really into a game and I play it for weeks. Ghost of Tsushima was like that, Assassins Creed Origins was like that (almost done with Origins DLC then I'll be done.)聽

I had emulators but (nostalgia!) I got anxious and wanted to play the 'real' games on the real consoles, and started keeping my eyes open for good deals on the Nintendo hardware until I had all the consoles.聽

... I try really hard not to look at Gameboy, GB Advance or 3DS auctions,... lol. I'm still very tempted to get a PS Vita just because I really want to play the Uncharted game that's only available on Vita.聽

..Games,.man.... they get ya...

39 minutes ago, Ultra_Kaiju said:

yeah I bounce around a bit. I'll play Assassins Creed or Ghost of Tsushima on ps4,.. then I'll play Mario games for a week,.. or fighting games (Injustice or Street Fighter)... then Zelda,..聽 repeat.聽

Sometimes I get really into a game and I play it for weeks. Ghost of Tsushima was like that, Assassins Creed Origins was like that (almost done with Origins DLC then I'll be done.)聽

I had emulators but (nostalgia!) I got anxious and wanted to play the 'real' games on the real consoles, and started keeping my eyes open for good deals on the Nintendo hardware until I had all the consoles.聽

... I try really hard not to look at Gameboy, GB Advance or 3DS auctions,... lol. I'm still very tempted to get a PS Vita just because I really want to play the Uncharted game that's only available on Vita.聽

the real stuff is so expensive now! and who knows if itll actually work. so sad. Ive looked into starting to get more but alas... cant do it right now lol.

Any of you lads wouldn't happen to play Pok茅mon go would you?聽 聽 I'm looking for friends to add to send gifts to for a badge.聽 聽 Thanks

sorry I don't play that game.聽

@PhoenixFire22588

updated pic with all the Nintendos...

and I bought an inexpensive fight stick for Street Fighter and Injustice, then realized you can get the stick and gut it and just use the housing and fill it with good parts, so I did that the other night and installed all Sanwa parts, stick, buttons from Japan and an 8 way gate (USA joystick style.)聽

Made a huge difference. Fight stick prices are crazy but building your own is actually surprisingly easy and inexpensive.聽 .... if anyone is interested in such a thing. Makes playing Injustice and Injustice 2 a lot more fun and 'arcadey'聽

20210127_140500.jpg

20210127_143056.jpg

22 minutes ago, Ultra_Kaiju said:

sorry I don't play that game.聽

@PhoenixFire22588

updated pic with all the Nintendos...

and I bought an inexpensive fight stick for Street Fighter and Injustice, then realized you can get the stick and gut it and just use the housing and fill it with good parts, so I did that the other night and installed all Sanwa parts, stick, buttons from Japan and an 8 way gate (USA joystick style.)聽

Made a huge difference. Fight stick prices are crazy but building your own is actually surprisingly easy and inexpensive.聽 .... if anyone is interested in such a thing. Makes playing Injustice and Injustice 2 a lot more fun and 'arcadey'聽

20210127_140500.jpg

20210127_143056.jpg

Dude thats amazing. A true collector right here. Respect.

On 1/26/2021 at 7:39 PM, Ultra_Kaiju said:

New 3DS XL are pretty cheap these days and you can put CFW on them. The 3D effect is actually really cool on a few games too. Mario Kart 7 just looks incredible with the 3D maxed out as long as you have one of the New 3DS models (eg New 3DS or New 3DS XL) since they added a face tracking camera to keep the 3D effect in focus. Another game that looks really good in 3D is Zelda A Link Between Worlds. Honestly New 3DS XL is worth buying for just those two games. Only other game I was really impressed by the 3D on was Mario Golf or something like that, the 3D looks really cool in that too. But to me 3DS is most of all a JRPG machine between the Shin Megami Tensei series, the Fire Emblem series, two Bravely games, not to mention the DS library too.

Vita I would only recommend if you really like Japanese games. If you're into them there is so much in the way of JRPG and JP Visual Novels. With Persona 4 Golden having a much better PC port though the Vita has lost a lot of its luster. Now only if Atlus would port Muramasa Rebirth to PC. Shit looks amazing on a Vita OLED but I'd still love to see it on a bigscreen at 4k.

That's tempting just for聽Zelda A Link Between Worlds. I've been trying to avoid the hand-helds though (minus Switch and Switch Lite). I already have so many consoles.聽

I ordered a Super Famicom recently and the Famicom Mini Classic as well. .. just to cover those bases, lol.聽

Of course I also ordered F-Zero (and Mario World) for the Super Famicom,.. because how could you not?聽

6 hours ago, Ultra_Kaiju said:

That's tempting just for聽Zelda A Link Between Worlds. I've been trying to avoid the hand-helds though (minus Switch and Switch Lite). I already have so many consoles.聽

I ordered a Super Famicom recently and the Famicom Mini Classic as well. .. just to cover those bases, lol.聽

Of course I also ordered F-Zero (and Mario World) for the Super Famicom,.. because how could you not?聽

Don't see the big deal, not like a New 3DS XL is going to take up much space. Have you never had a DS either? Because New Super Mario Bros on DS is outstanding too. I never have tried the two DS Zelda games so can't really comment there though. I'm actually pretty floored A Link Between Worlds never got ported to Switch, it is such an amazing聽game.

I love the Classics consoles. SNES Classic is the first time I have ever been able to play Super Mario World the way I did on my real SNES 30 years ago, eg always running full speed. It's the only good emulation I have ever found for that game and when I got my SNES Classic for Christmas a few years ago I stayed up and unlocked half of the SMW map that night and got all 96 levels by the next day, I was so impressed with how accurate and speedy the emulation felt. Of course even better is dual-booting it with the NES Classic OS removing the games I don't like from NES and SNES and adding extras. Like playing FDS games like Doki Doki Panic or JP Super Mario Bros 2 with an NES Classic gamepad plugged in is awesome, and the NES Classic OS supports FDS roms right out the box if I remember right.

Now that I know a decent level of Japanese I should put the Super Famicom version of FF IV on, I heard it got really dumbed down for American audiences.

Also 3DS has so many great RPGs. Shin Megami Tensei IV alone is worth the price of the console IMO. God those battle themes from that game...