win 10 stopped detecting primary display

clutchmaster

i have a 2 monitor setup a 3440x1440 ultra wide(win10 detects this as display 1:using displayport) and a 1920x1080 flat screen(win10 detects this as display 2:using HDMI) i use display 1 for gaming and display 2 for day to day use as depicted in the photo
ive ran into an issue that ive only solved once before but cannot replicate the result of the solution which was disconnect the display and run the clean unplugged drivers from iobit driver booster and restart the pc and connect the display its as if theres some kind of cached settibg inb win10 that needs to be deleted 
ive tried DDUing running ccleaner and trying to find the display in device manager and deleting it from there but not detectable even when hidden devices and selected
the display works just fine its windows thinking a disabled display does not exist and unplugging it and plugging it back in does not prompt windows to detect i know my cable works just fine theres nothing hardware thats causing the issue

image0.jpg

Hi there! When did this issue start? After a windows update or gpu update or out of the blue? 

6 minutes ago, mrmidaski said:

Hi there! When did this issue start? After a windows update or gpu update or out of the blue? 

seems to happen when i either restart my comp or connect my valve index its as if windows is refusing detection probably because a registry value has it permanently set to disabled and i have no idea what to look for