802.11 b/g/n vs. ac Wifi

So I'm looking into a new laptop and I'm somewhat of a newb concerning different network cards. The laptop I'm getting as the title suggests comes with either 802.11 b/g/n or with ac Wifi. Which is the better option of the two? 

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

80.11ac is the newest standard. Get that. I would be very much supprised if it wasnt compatible with 802.11n or 802.11g networks, since they are still the most widely used.

A/c offers superior theoretical speed and range, but it will cost more.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

dont AC allow for using a higher frequency, which if you are in a area with a ton of wireless stuff is a very good thing, could be wrong ofcourse

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

80.11ac is the newest standard. Get that. I would be very much supprised if it wasnt compatible with 802.11n or 802.11g networks, since they are still the most widely used.

I can't tell if you are both giving conflicting answers or not. Could either one of you specify a bit more? I'm still a bit confused.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Go for .AC. It's not so common as wireless N at the moment but will be in the future for routers as it is new technology