Green Screen requirement in ZOOM software

Longbow1

So I am a teacher and regularly use Zoom With my students.  I really want to use a "virtual background" so they dont see my messy house. LOL.  Could I just use a solid color image file instead?  Any workaround suggestions would be awesome.  Thanks

look into xsplit vcam you can set any pic as the back drop you dont have to worry about any green screens its like 10 a month but you can do a ton of things with it

Yes you can put any image or video you want as the background.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210707503-Virtual-Background

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Me I’d go for an animation of that ancient nyan cat thing, but I’m a fuddy Duddy these days

342D1BFC-547E-48D4-9437-7D2FEB73F5BE.gif

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

There's a software called OBS and it can be connected to Zoom to let you do a lot of really cool things beyond just making a virtual background, you can place your computer desktop as your background to share things or you can setup like a news broadcaster presenting a story or run a power point presentation with yourself broadcast along side or even on the screen with it like pointing at stuff and clicking through slides with a remote control. It's pretty advanced software but it's not of an advanced difficulty to use and understand some of it's more basic features.

https://obsproject.com/

https://streamgeeks.us/how-to-connect-zoom-obs/

57 minutes ago, Longbow1 said:

So I am a teacher and regularly use Zoom With my students.  I really want to use a "virtual background" so they dont see my messy house. LOL.  Could I just use a solid color image file instead?  Any workaround suggestions would be awesome.  Thanks

You do not need a green screen to use a background. If you go to settings - virtual background, you can just chose a picture there with no need to select "I have a green screen". Alternatively, you could use an app like snapcam to add other backgrounds or filters to your camera feed.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

1 minute ago, zeusthemoose said:

You do not need a green screen to use a background. If you go to settings - virtual background, you can just chose a picture there with no need to select "I have a green screen". Alternatively, you could use an app like snapcam to add other backgrounds or filters to your camera feed.

Not anymore I understand.  Used to be that way though.  It is sometimes still a requirement though depending on hardware.  Might need a discrete Nvidia card? Not sure.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

You can set virtual background on Zoom without physical green screen. It will be fonky, and if you want cleaner setup, you could buy just close colored sheet of anything to use.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv