What sets your system apart?

Radium_Angel

It has a 5700 that was flashed to a 5700xt, the reset button likes to get stuck in place and gives the pc a seziure.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

the fact that i have a 3080 is what sets my build apart XP /jokes , lots of the cards are out there 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

7 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

In my case (e5-2643 v2 which makes for 12 cores and 24 threads) I hit 60fps on the few games I do play, but due to the fact my monitors are for work and not gaming, they are only 60Hz refresh rate, so locked to that. Doom 2016, Minecraft, Armoured Warfare, a few modest top down/isometric games, Destiny 2 seems to play very well despite not meeting the minimum system reqs.

In other words, I have no complaints.

I love that game but man its pretty dead. I used to play Armored Warfare when it first came out and I installed it on my PC after a couple years and there was ~500 players online around 8PM EST. Some people in the general chat said you'll see more players online from RU in the morning hours my time though for PVP. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

I love that game but man its pretty dead. I used to play Armored Warfare when it first came out and I installed it on my PC after a couple years and there was ~500 players online around 8PM EST. Some people in the general chat said you'll see more players online from RU in the morning hours my time though for PVP. 

Totally agreed. I play PvE only because of that, Great game but no playerbase...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

18 minutes ago, Zob said:

oh man i would love to buy your t5610 how can i contact you?

PM'd you

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Totally agreed. I play PvE only because of that, Great game but no playerbase...

Yeah I know...shame but it is what it is. 

Have you tried World of Tanks?? I know its more WW2-Cold War Era Tanks and not modern tanks like Armored Warfare is. I've tried War Thunder but I couldn't understand the game's economy and how to advance with your armor. Its more straight forward in WoT with XP and credits. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Yeah I know...shame but it is what it is. 

Have you tried World of Tanks?? I know its more WW2-Cold War Era Tanks and not modern tanks like Armored Warfare is. I've tried War Thunder but I couldn't understand the game's economy and how to advance with your armor. Its more straight forward in WoT with XP and credits. 

Did WoT for years, burned out.

Ditto with WT: the UI is a disaster and the "tanks on ice" effect also turned me off.

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Did WoT for years, burned out.

Ditto with WT: the UI is a disaster and the "tanks on ice" effect also turned me off.

I still play WoT but can't really now due to college classes starting back up. That was probably one of my first online games I've ever played on PC 10 years ago (since Beta). Without a premium account/spending money on the game, you advance so slowly. Got a premium account for the summer last year and was able to get quite a bit of tier X tanks. 

Been told it's imaginary (bought using BTCs, and apparently that's imaginary ... so yeah)

EDIT ; ah, and it's used as a room heater during winter (mining while not in use, with my office heating turned off).

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

It's an Optiplex which parts of it are held on with superglue and others caulk, holes were cut and an Xbox 360 CPU fan was place in the front and spliced onto a SATA power adapter with ducktape, the front plastic also had holes drilled and the Dell badge removed for even better air flow. The server refurb 2TB HDD takes like 30 seconds to spin up and sounds like a fkin jet engine, that paired with the 10yo Xbox fan makes this thing a loud boi. It has the stock 290W PSU which, on paper, shouldn't be capable of powering the specs that it does. On top of all that, it's a Linux boi.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

On 25/01/2021 at 7:32 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Funny thing is that I actually upgraded (or downgraded) it from the 1100T recently. But yeah, not something I would show off. Unpainted steel insides = 0% chance of having the cabling blend in. 

It feels alright. But there have been times where it just... hangs for no reason. Not sure why. I've been through multiple Windows reinstallations, swapped SSDs, swapped SATA cables, same thing. Though it at least isn't corrupting itself now... 

I think it'd just something older hardware does. The i3 I have sometimes spazzes when it tries to load webpages (mind you it'll be when I already have 30+ open). I can't wait to replace it with a nice 6c/12t system of some capacity. Or perhaps a Ryzen laptop. Haven't decided yet. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I mean I don't consider my OptiPlex to be all that special, even though it does have its own unique quirks (HDD mount delete for airflow, front metal grille delete for same reason, AND twin AMD stock fan swapped 1050Ti? Just a little quirky), but the side bitch... mmfh

Gotta flex the Twoalatin life.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

On 1/26/2021 at 12:33 PM, ki8aras said:

my 2700 is being cooled by toothpaste even though i have thermal paste right next to me, i just didnt bother cuz the thermals are fine

Nice. Mine's lidless so can't do that XD paste for sure

One of these is a 2700X and the other is a Ryzen 1200. 

Which one is which?

download.jpg.5553cdf3604e158a1ffb2a17bade05c2.jpg

Now, nothing, anybody could easily replicate it, although i'm yet to see just like it.

https://builds.gg/builds/project-diesel-5-0-27149

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

On 1/28/2021 at 6:58 AM, ShrimpBrime said:

Nice. Mine's lidless so can't do that XD paste for sure

One of these is a 2700X and the other is a Ryzen 1200. 

Which one is which?

download.jpg.5553cdf3604e158a1ffb2a17bade05c2.jpg

bruh how did you even remove the ihs???

arent they supposed to be soldered?

1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

bruh how did you even remove the ihs???

arent they supposed to be soldered?

Yes they are soldered. I remove them with a little soldering torch.

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yes they are soldered. I remove them with a little soldering torch.

did u gain anything or nah?

3 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

did u gain anything or nah?

No, not really. 

All Ryzen chips hit a frequency wall on ambient cooling, and even sub-ambient. 

But it's just something I do.

I've de-lidded 2 Ryzen Athlons which are not soldered, the 200 and 220ge models.

These are the only one's that I am aware of that are not soldered.