Bought a used Titan Xp for 535+tax, thoughts?

triagonal_mouse
Go to solution Solved by 8-Bit Ninja,
2 minutes ago, triagonal_mouse said:

I recently bought a Titan Xp (2017) on eBay for a total of $581 (tax included) and was wondering how good/bad of a deal that was. The card itself came in excellent condition so that was a bonus.

A Titan XP is pretty much identical in gaming performance to a 1080ti, which means for gaming you paid retail for a 3 year old GPU. However I don't know how screwed graphics card prices are for you, so I'd go look at used 1080ti prices near you and then base how good the deal was off that. 

I recently bought a Titan Xp (2017) on eBay for a total of $581 (tax included) and was wondering how good/bad of a deal that was. The card itself came in excellent condition so that was a bonus.

2 minutes ago, triagonal_mouse said:

A Titan XP is pretty much identical in gaming performance to a 1080ti, which means for gaming you paid retail for a 3 year old GPU. However I don't know how screwed graphics card prices are for you, so I'd go look at used 1080ti prices near you and then base how good the deal was off that. 

That's pretty pricy, you could get a 3070 for $499 (FE, still goes for $499 on bestbuy as of the drop yesterday) which would definitely outperform it. A 6800 would too. 

For a used card that's too high in terms of price imo

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

Unless it's the Star Wars "collectors" edition and/or has a block on it, my thoughts are you overpaid. Pascal Titans can be had for ~$400 used looking through hardwareswap. Star Wars "collectors" editions run anywhere from $500-575.

Also goes without saying, Titan cards were overpriced to begin with.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

So basically a 1080Ti when it comes to gaming performance.

I've seen many GTX 1080s going for 300€ still and 1080Tis for 450-500€, which is utterly insane. Those cards should be worth half of what they are, considering how old they are.

I remember selling my 980s for ~ 280€ each after two years. 

So I'd say it's a garbage deal under normal circumstances, but nothing is normal right now... so it's fine? I guess? Still hurts tho...

Yeah I wasn't too sure about prices but with 3000 series scalpers and general shortages I jumped the gun on this, I don't mind too much as long as it wasn't a terrible deal.

Just now, triagonal_mouse said:

Yeah I wasn't too sure about prices but with 3000 series scalpers and general shortages I jumped the gun on this, I don't mind too much as long as it wasn't a terrible deal.

I notice 1080ti's tend to run around 500 on ebay for me 

Seems horribly overpriced.

Also, graphics cards are very rarely in poor physical condition, even when they're dead.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

It would be an ok price if it was in CAD ... now I see that it's in USD so at the very least 33% too expensive imo ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

Depents on what kinda GPU you had before that. 

If it was a potato and you really need to play some AAA at very high settings and can spare the money then its like a viable option but still pricey but what could you do? 😛 

I still even if I had a potato GPU or no GPU would buy a small model that could barely play 1080p on normal or high and keep with that hoping that prices would normalize..

I recently sold my 1080ti STRIX for $460, and replaced with a $499 3070 FE.  

Gained 35% FPS for $40.

Bad deal for you.

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

2 hours ago, Purgent said:

I recently sold my 1080ti STRIX for $460, and replaced with a $499 3070 FE.  

Gained 35% FPS for $40.

Bad deal for you.

Really? where did you find that at this price? Good for you eitherway!

I sold all of my GPUs in hopes to upgrade them, I mean I knew that the new gen was going to be crazy already got the clue judging from last gen but so I didnt plan to upgrade to new gen what I unfortunately did not expect was 2nd hand old gen prices skyrocketing as well.. that destroyed every hope and plan and now most of my PCs dont have GPUs lol 

The biggest hit and what I equally did not expect was the backstab of AMD in the CPU department... I sold my barely used (it was part my new main PC build which I did not use that much though because of work etc ) practically brand new 3950x for "only" 580$ in hopes of upgrading to a 5950x (yea I was stupid enough to expect worse case scenario that CPU to cost like 850 $) and............................................. I have a PC case with mobo ram no GPU and CPU in it amog some PC without GPUs xD 

Great first time in my life I think I know how it feels to be a victim of sexual harassment xD