GPU temperature reaching up to 98° C under "regular" high loads with small OC

ruzeno
Go to solution Solved by PhoenixFire22588,
19 minutes ago, ruzeno said:

The Voltage is 5% higher than the normal, the card is bought 4 years ago (new). It is in good condition because it took it for like 2 Month straight with even lower Temps than the set limit.

gpuzpic.gif

Overclocking is a delicate balance between higher clock speeds and a stable voltage to handle it. Your voltage is likely too high and causing the fat temp spike

Hey, 

Thank you for reading this hopefully youll be able to help me out here. My Standard GTX 1060 (No ASUS,MSI or anything like that) is reaching 98° C on "regular" high loads. At first when I OC´d it it never went above 88° (the limit I set) but after just a month or so it went up exponentially going over the set limit and reaching 98° C. I tried Underclocking etc. didnt work still high temps. And my idle temps are 68° C last week 64° C last month 58° C.

The OC software im using is MSI Afterburner. The Temperatures cannot be influenced by my CPU or anything because my MoBo isnt capable of OC ing the CPU.

Here are my Specs if these help out.

intel i7 6700 3.4ghz 

GTX 1060 6GB

3200MHz HyperX 16GB Ram (clocked down to 2133MHz cause of MoBo)

PSU idk
MoBo is from Medion

I can send some pictures of GPU Z or so if needed.

9 minutes ago, ruzeno said:

Hey, 

Thank you for reading this hopefully youll be able to help me out here. My Standard GTX 1060 (No ASUS,MSI or anything like that) is reaching 98° C on "regular" high loads. At first when I OC´d it it never went above 88° (the limit I set) but after just a month or so it went up exponentially going over the set limit and reaching 98° C. I tried Underclocking etc. didnt work still high temps. And my idle temps are 68° C last week 64° C last month 58° C.

The OC software im using is MSI Afterburner. The Temperatures cannot be influenced by my CPU or anything because my MoBo isnt capable of OC ing the CPU.

Here are my Specs if these help out.

intel i7 6700 3.4ghz 

GTX 1060 6GB

3200MHz HyperX 16GB Ram (clocked down to 2133MHz cause of MoBo)

PSU idk
MoBo is from Medion

I can send some pictures of GPU Z or so if needed.

That seems like a high jump for a minor OC. High enough that it should trigger the fail safe shut down. Whats the voltage? Did you adjust it at all? How old is the card? Are you sure its in good enough condition?

On 1/23/2021 at 11:46 PM, PhoenixFire22588 said:

That seems like a high jump for a minor OC. High enough that it should trigger the fail safe shut down. Whats the voltage? Did you adjust it at all? How old is the card? Are you sure its in good enough condition?

The Voltage is 5% higher than the normal, the card is bought 4 years ago (new). It is in good condition because it took it for like 2 Month straight with even lower Temps than the set limit.

gpuzpic.gif

19 minutes ago, ruzeno said:

gpuzpic.gif

Overclocking is a delicate balance between higher clock speeds and a stable voltage to handle it. Your voltage is likely too high and causing the fat temp spike

9 hours ago, PhoenixFire22588 said:

Still high temps even with normal Core Voltage

10 hours ago, PhoenixFire22588 said:

Oh yeah FYI my GPU is now spiking to 71° C when idling (very little load like watching YT and stuff)