new MOBO (gigabyte b365m ds3h) won't post with core i5-9600f ... give 5 beeps (cpu error?) but runs fine with i3-8100h

hey guys, im hoping it isn't a DOA CPU in this instance. i bought the MOBO and CPU from amazon and have yet to get the damn thing to post with the i5 CPU. with the i3 i can post and boot into windows, but i can't get this MOBO to recognize any graphics card either. it will run with onboard graphics with the i3 CPU, but it won't recognize any hardware in the PCI slot. im getting very frustrated with this build.

1 minute ago, aussieguy072 said:

hey guys, im hoping it isn't a DOA CPU in this instance. i bought the MOBO and CPU from amazon and have yet to get the damn thing to post with the i5 CPU. with the i3 i can post and boot into windows, but i can't get this MOBO to recognize any graphics card either. it will run with onboard graphics with the i3 CPU, but it won't recognize any hardware in the PCI slot. im getting very frustrated with this build.

MOBO beeps are codes that tell you the problem. Google your mobo and the code its giving. Its an "sos" for your mobo. Sounds like a bad pci slot.