Stuttering, contradicting driver status and BSoD on restart with XFX Radeon 5700

Thank you for reading, this is my first time posting and I am clearly not very good at this.

Spec in images below

Earlier this week the game 'Squad' crashed on me after a couple hours of play. I was coming off anyway and saw there were some windows updates to complete. I ran the updates and turned off the PC. Next morning there was a stutter several times per second on all visual and audio across the entire OS. I tried updating drivers using the Radeon installer Adrenalin but this was unable to complete(4 hours+) getting stuck at 'Installing AMD Chipsets', 'Uninstalling drivers' and finally with 00:28 seconds to go at installing new driver. I tried again, and again with a different driver but no change.

I tried restarting, which also failed (BSoD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE). I then tried DDU which was successful in removing the stutter; windows device manager showed Microsoft Basic Display Driver was being used. Once internet was connected this changed to AMD Radeon RX 5700, telling me this was the most up to date driver (21/08/2020 it wasnt) but still no stutter or symptoms.

Now as soon as I run Adrenalin driver installer the stutter comes straight back.

If I try to play Squad with the driver from 21/08/2020 it tells me I have a 'DX Feature 11' issue- but DXDIAG shows I am running DirectX12, and the Microsoft Basic Display driver.

I have tried lots of other things like re-installing windows from drive and stuff but I realise this post is becoming huge so hopefully I have said enough that someone with better skills can see the issue more clearly here and put me out of my misery or atleast guide me into explaining the issue in a more manageable way. Im keen to learn and will take any help you can throw at me.

20210123-Device_Manager.PNG

20210123-Device_Manager_properties.PNG

20210123-DXDIAG_Display.PNG

20210123-DXDIAG_Display2.PNG

20210123-DXDIAG_System.PNG

Hello. So when you install the adrenalin software, go to settings and find driver updates and there will be two options. Recommended and Optional.   And recommended only. Try switching that to recommended only and run the ddu to uninstall and reinstall the recommended only drivers

Hello!
As soon as I run Adrenalin software the issue begins and I can see the stutter on the moving image in the background in the 2nd attached image. I do not think I can get to Radeon Adrenalin settings without a successful driver install. I have begun the process again but am certain based on the last 6+ times I have tried this that the install will not complete and the task will have to be ended in task manager.

202101233-RadeonSoftwareIAdrenalin.PNG

202101233-RadeonSoftwareIAdrenalin3.PNG