b450 system not powering on?

FranckTheMiner

Hey,
I've built my computer around early January 2020. It consists of an Asus ROG STRIX b450f Gaming, a Ryzen 5 3600X, Corsair LPX 3600MHz 2x8Gb, Corsair RM550x and an MSI 5700XT Evoke OC.
For the second time the computer refuses to start up. I've tried examining it, jumping the power switch from the motherboard pins, removing the GPU, trying other RAM slot combos, reseating the 8 and 24-pin connectors,  done the paperclip PSU test, to no avail, and the LED on the MoBo is working, so I've read that means the CPU is working.

It happened for the first time in early December. I then sent it to the shop I got the components from, and after a whole month they sent it back, stating that the issue was the RAM was in the wrong slots (something I did on purpose when examining it the first time). 12 days after it came back, the same symptoms arose, and now my country is on lockdown and the shops are closed, so if I'm going to solve this, it's gotta be with my bare hands.

This time I haven't tried reseating the CPU, as I don't have any spare thermal paste to reapply.

Anyone got any clue what the issue might be?

likely a dead motherboard, are the LED's indicating any error?

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Also, I have just noticed that my Logitech C920 webcam flashes when the USB is connected but no power is being sent, or something like that. When I plug the USB from my monitor (that's where the webcam is plugged) to the motherboard, with no power cable connected to the PSU, it still flashes, however as soon as I plug in the power cable to the PSU and toggle it on, the camera stops flashing. The same thing happens with the Ethernet port, the LED also flashes there, indicating that the onboard USB (and presumably the whole I/O panel) is getting powered, probably ruling out the PSU as the issue

5 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

likely a dead motherboard, are the LED's indicating any error?

Are the onboard LEDs supposed to be indicating errors? At this point the motherboard doesn't power on at all, as in I try to power the computer and not even the CPU or PSU fans spin, theres no kind of reaction, the only thing that seems to work are, as mentioned above, the motherboard's IO panel and the onboard LED ROG logo, nothing else.
I find it hard to believe the MoBo is dead as this same issue occured before and the motherboard still worked for a few weeks after that

Just now, FranckTheMiner said:

Are the onboard LEDs supposed to be indicating errors? At this point the motherboard doesn't power on at all, as in I try to power the computer and not even the CPU or PSU fans spin, theres no kind of reaction, the only thing that seems to work are, as mentioned above, the motherboard's IO panel and the onboard LED ROG logo, nothing else.
I find it hard to believe the MoBo is dead as this same issue occured before and the motherboard still worked for a few weeks after that

is the PSU switched into the on position? 

AMD blackout rig

8 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

is the PSU switched into the on position? 

very much so, at least every time I try to turn it on 😂

6 hours ago, FranckTheMiner said:

very much so, at least every time I try to turn it on 😂

do you have any other hardware, particularly a PSU or motherboard you could switch around?

AMD blackout rig

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 12:41 AM, Letgomyleghoe said:

do you have any other hardware, particularly a PSU or motherboard you could switch around?

Shit sorry, didn't see the reply, haven't been on the Internet much, for obvious reasons 😂

But no, I don't own any extra hardware as this was my first rig. I was looking for any plausible solutions I could try to test out in order to fix this issue :/