Not sure what is better to upgrade

Doxxi

Budget (including currency): $1,200+ usd 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: davinchi video editor, and most games 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

i have a i5-8400 and a Geforce 1050Ti, I am just unsure which of these would be better to upgrade i am also unsure weather switching to an amd cpu would be better atm i am leaning towards gpu upgrade but am uncertain of the best route.

4 minutes ago, Doxxi said:

Budget (including currency): $1,200+ usd 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: davinchi video editor, and most games 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

i have a i5-8400 and a Geforce 1050Ti, I am just unsure which of these would be better to upgrade i am also unsure weather switching to an amd cpu would be better atm i am leaning towards gpu upgrade but am uncertain of the best route.

Since you're a DaVinci Editor and it relies heavily on the GPU for hardware acceleration, I'd go for a GPU upgrade first. Something like a 2070 super probably, but then GPU prices are way outta whack atm...

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

Just now, AnirbanG007 said:

Since you're a DaVinci Editor and it realies heavily on the GPU for hardware acceleration, I'd go for a GPU upgrade first. Something like a 2070 super probably, but then GPU prices are way outta whack atm...

I recommend the 3060ti or 3070 if you can get your hands on one!