Getting a new motherboard and replacing HDD for SDD.

HeyoDylo

Hi, what should I know before replacing my motherboard, and replacing my SSD?

(this is an upgrade to new motherboard)

That you CPU socket matches and the CPU is supported. 

If you have a M.2 Slot available, and an M.2 drive too, then M.2 drives are very fast as compared to Sata SSD.

Backup all your data first though.! before replacing drives.

Dont get Gigabyte Mobo!!!!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

That you CPU socket matches and the CPU is supported. 

If you have a M.2 Slot available, and an M.2 drive too, then M.2 drives are very fast as compared to Sata SSD.

Backup all your data first though.! before replacing drives.

Do I need to backup all my data though? I don’t mind starting off fresh

36 minutes ago, HeyoDylo said:

Hi, what should I know before replacing my motherboard, and replacing my SSD?

(this is an upgrade to new motherboard)

can you list out you're current parts and what you're planning to upgrade to please? 
your best bet is to take out your current drive, install windows on it, plug your old drive in, then transfer over all the files that you need.

31 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

why?

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

6 minutes ago, HeyoDylo said:

If you have very fast Internet to download all that again, (whatever you have) in your HDD. And you have plenty of Hours to download all that again.

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

why?

Why....you ask.

Their Software is BS, Gigabyte's every software is BS, Bios, RGB Software and every other software, all have plenty plenty of issues which other parties dont have.

Just now, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Why....you ask.

Their Software is BS, Gigabyte's every software is BS, Bios, RGB Software and every other software, all have plenty plenty of issues which other parties dont have.

the only thing that I agree with here is that their RGB software isn't satisfactory, their bios is fine, drivers are fine, and I've never had an issue with them.

There boards are more than satisfactory in other ways, for example the B550 Auros Pro is on par if not better than the b550-f in every way except for RGB software. there's third party options for RGB software too. If you're going to tell someone not to get a board, explain why.

AMD blackout rig

11 minutes ago, HeyoDylo said:

If you're doing a big refresh. CPU, Mobo, RAM etc, it's probably best to start off fresh. When I do something like that, I save personal files and let games, utilities etc go away. This gives you a higher chance of old drivers going away and keeping you from having conflicting drivers. 

1 minute ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Why....you ask.

How many of their boards have you tried? I've only used one, but had great luck with it. Only reason I went to MSI in my current build was what I needed from a board. ITX, AM4, 2 m.2 slots and optical audio out. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

23 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

can you list out you're current parts and what you're planning to upgrade to please? 
your best bet is to take out your current drive, install windows on it, plug your old drive in, then transfer over all the files that you need.

why?

Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M / USB 3
GPU: Rx 560
RAM: 8 gb, with only the actual use of 3.9 for games
SSD: HDD

the motherboard i want is a ASUS ROG STRIX b450-F
gpu i want is a GTX 3060
CPU: recommend me one
SDD: dunno yet

Just now, HeyoDylo said:

gpu i want is a GTX 3060

I highly recommend avoiding the b450-f at all costs, a b450 tomahawk, or even better yet, a b550 auros pro would be better, as for CPU a 5600x or 3600 would be fine. 

AMD blackout rig

10 minutes ago, HeyoDylo said:

gpu i want is a GTX 3060

You would need to upgrade to DDR4 ram going from that motherboard. You could get away with 8 gigs if you want. If you do, go 2 4 CL16 gig sticks. I don't know what supply is like where you live. I went with USA as default. You can change countries on PCPP and it'll find your prices. If you want WiFi on your motherboard, there's many models with it built in we can find you one. I use a MSI MPG b550 Itx currently. They have a full ATX version with WiFi built in for $190 USD. If supply on CPUs is good there, I'd see what it would cost to get a Ryzen 5 5600x. You would have to update BIOS to get it to post, but the Gigabyte and MSI both have options for that. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

I highly recommend avoiding the b450-f at all costs, a b450 tomahawk, or even better yet, a b550 auros pro would be better, as for CPU a 5600x or 3600 would be fine. 

wait, but some other guy said that the b450-f wasn't that bad of a board????

4 hours ago, HeyoDylo said:

wait, but some other guy said that the b450-f wasn't that bad of a board????

it's a low end board with a fancy IO cover, the thing seems to have an affinity for dying randomly, and is overall a trash board, there is so many better options for the same pricing. 

AMD blackout rig

3 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

it's a low end board with a fancy IO cover, the thing seems to have an affinity for dying randomly, and is overall a trash board, there is so many better options for the same pricing. 

Well, give me some options like it? You mentioned the tomahawk, anything else?

12 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

explain why.

My Tons of Friends have reported to me when i asked their opinion, when i was going to buy X570 Xtreme. But all of them have a lot of issues, like instant shutdown for no reason; SSD is not detected while showing on other system, HDD not detected; Game crashes to desktop while runs fine with the same settings and hardware on other Mobo.

When trying to overclocking; Not stable on the same frequency and setting which have been tried on different Mobo of this Class. Crashes instantly. Ram issues, Ram not detected,

XMP not working to the specified speeds. When you change one thing in the RGB software, like Ram RGB; it changes everything and its kinda messy, A lot of updates have arrived but this problem still persists. 

Most of my friends have switched to MSI and ASUS and sold their Gigabyte Mobo, and other's are trying to change it when their budget is good.

2 hours ago, HeyoDylo said:

Well, give me some options like it? You mentioned the tomahawk, anything else?

b550 auros pro, b550-f, b450 fatal1ty, there's hundreds of options, I recommending looking around for reviews of motherboards that suit your needs.

14 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

My Tons of Friends have reported to me when i asked their opinion, when i was going to buy X570 Xtreme. But all of them have a lot of issues, like instant shutdown for no reason; SSD is not detected while showing on other system, HDD not detected; Game crashes to desktop while runs fine with the same settings and hardware on other Mobo.

When trying to overclocking; Not stable on the same frequency and setting which have been tried on different Mobo of this Class. Crashes instantly. Ram issues, Ram not detected,

XMP not working to the specified speeds. When you change one thing in the RGB software, like Ram RGB; it changes everything and its kinda messy, A lot of updates have arrived but this problem still persists. 

Most of my friends have switched to MSI and ASUS and sold their Gigabyte Mobo, and other's are trying to change it when their budget is good.

this is not a problem that I've seen anyone else experience or complain about on the forums, gigabyte produces quality products (and bad ones too, every company does) if there's an issue with your product there's a reason RMA is a thing. the only time I've experienced problems with a motherboard is with Asus ROG, but I'm not gonna go spouting off that they're a bad company because of my experience, every company makes faulty products, and bad ones too, that does not mean that they're a bad company in general.

AMD blackout rig

13 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

b550 auros pro, b550-f, b450 fatal1ty, there's hundreds of options, I recommending looking around for reviews of motherboards that suit your needs.

this is not a problem that I've seen anyone else experience or complain about on the forums, gigabyte produces quality products (and bad ones too, every company does) if there's an issue with your product there's a reason RMA is a thing. the only time I've experienced problems with a motherboard is with Asus ROG, but I'm not gonna go spouting off that they're a bad company because of my experience, every company makes faulty products, and bad ones too, that does not mean that they're a bad company in general.

to be on the point, need  a motherboard that is cheap but is alot better than my current motherboard, something that fits minecraft, and fortnite

3 hours ago, HeyoDylo said:

to be on the point, need  a motherboard that is cheap but is alot better than my current motherboard, something that fits minecraft, and fortnite

Would you need WiFi to be built into the motherboard, or not?

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 hours ago, Voluspa said:

Would you need WiFi to be built into the motherboard, or not?

Sure, I’d like that convenience but I have a wifi USB adapter.

55 minutes ago, HeyoDylo said:

Sure, I’d like that convenience but I have a wifi USB adapter.

what's the price of motherboard you we're looking at, the b450-f changes prices every week it seems like.

AMD blackout rig

On 1/24/2021 at 7:53 PM, Letgomyleghoe said:

what's the price of motherboard you we're looking at, the b450-f changes prices every week it seems like.

100-150-170

8 minutes ago, HeyoDylo said:

100-150-170

then a b550 auros pro is probably your best bet, it fits at around 130-150 for the AC version with wifi.

AMD blackout rig