Which PSU is suitable for my Optiplex 7010 MT?

DariusBiceps
Go to solution Solved by AndreiArgeanu,
5 hours ago, DariusBiceps said:

I just noticed this frick of a MBo has a 4Pin CPU connector (correct me if I am wrong). Thought the standard is 8Pin?

Don't worry, psus still come with 4+4 pin configuration so if you only have a single 4 pin you only use one. I also had a optiplex 7010 and upgraded the psu and it was fine. 

Hello Techwizards of the wide world web,
I could use some help upgrading my Dell Optiplex 7010 MT.

I am currently running into the point of upgrading my PSU, as the fan gets a bit whiny and I want to improve the GPU to a 1080ti as well.
Does any of you know what kind of a PSU i should slap in there?
Thx for your help.

My specs currently (pending to upgrade) are:
MBO standard Micro-ATX Dell motherboard
CPU Intel Core I7-3770
Cooler Stock Intel Cooler (Noctuha NH-U12s)

RAM 4x4 GB DDR3, Mix between preinstalled Dell sticks an Hyper Fury
GPU Zotac 1050ti Mini (Nvidia Geforce 1080ti FE)
PSU Standard Dell 285w
Storage 1x Samsung 256gb SSD
              2x Seagate Baraccuda 1tb & 2tb HDD
No Optical 

41 minutes ago, DariusBiceps said:

Does any of you know what kind of a PSU i should slap in there?
Thx for your help.

The Optiplex 7010 mini tower supports any standard ATX PSU so you can choose any PSU to be honest. The forum has a PSU tier list that you can take a look at and choose a PSU for yourself. I recommend getting at least a Tier C PSU, however Tier B would be ideal.

3 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

The Optiplex 7010 mini tower supports any standard ATX PSU so you can choose any PSU to be honest. The forum has a PSU tier list that you can take a look at and choose a PSU for yourself. I recommend getting at least a Tier C PSU, however Tier B would be ideal.

I just noticed this frick of a MBo has a 4Pin CPU connector (correct me if I am wrong). Thought the standard is 8Pin?

3 hours ago, DariusBiceps said:

Depends on the MB.

That's an older machine, most of those had 4 pin EPS connections.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

5 hours ago, DariusBiceps said:

Don't worry, psus still come with 4+4 pin configuration so if you only have a single 4 pin you only use one. I also had a optiplex 7010 and upgraded the psu and it was fine.