Pc not starting, too little powersupply?

ZoNeWasTaken

I have a gtx 1080 with new a ryzen 5 5600x processor that i just installed. I’ve looked at all cables and they seem to be in the right place. I have a x570-f brand new motherboard but the problem is that my pc wont start. So i started to wonder if my powersupply is too low. It has 550 watt. Would that be too low?

if yes, its too low. Should i get a 750 or 800 watts or something else

5 minutes ago, ZoNeWasTaken said:

I have a gtx 1080 with new a ryzen 5 5600x processor that i just installed. I’ve looked at all cables and they seem to be in the right place. I have a x570-f brand new motherboard but the problem is that my pc wont start. So i started to wonder if my powersupply is too low. It has 550 watt. Would that be too low?

if it was a psu issue, it would black screen restart or something while the pc was running and went under load most likely.

Are you sure you plugged in every single cable? Just double and triple check. motherboard big cable as well as the CPU power cable at the top, as well as cpu power cable.

Also make sure the power switch button cable hasn't got disconnected.

1 hour ago, ZoNeWasTaken said:

Define not starting properly. step by step, everything that happens from pushing the power button.
Check  if you motherboard came with bios that is capable of runnung ryzen 5000 cpus. Maybe you need to update it first?