Status Update Post - Should it Redirect or Stay?

Lurick
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

This is intentional, and consistent with how other types of content work - when you post a new topic, it takes you to that topic, etc.

Browser, version and OS: 

Firefox 84.02

Windows 10 20H2

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Make a new status update from the main page (haven't tested other ways yet).

What happened?

Redirects to a feed of that single status update.

Before I think it would send you to your profile or just keep you on the main page.

What did you expect to happen?

Not 100% sure if this is expected or not, just want to make sure this is an expected change/redirect.

Additional Information:

When posting from my profile page it keeps me on the profile and shows the new status so this seems to be when posting from the main forum page using the popup window.

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable:

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

This is intentional, and consistent with how other types of content work - when you post a new topic, it takes you to that topic, etc.

HTTP/2 203

Just tested it and am seeing the same thing.

EDIT: nvm see mortis's response lol

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Ok, cool, just making sure.

The only other potential issue I found is when you hide a post it tries to redirect you back to that post but with an error since it's hidden.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: