Im 13yr old i need some help with my Budget gaming build: i need help on processor should i go with i5 9400f or Ryzen 5 3400g

Irfu7
Go to solution Solved by RAM555789,

If only we could get Ryzen 5xxx CPUs in stock and stop having random price jumps in the 3xxx CPUs....the 2nd gen Ryzen's though are still a solid choice if you wanna upgrade in the future but I would rather get better performance now out of a 9th gen intel CPU and go for a bigger upgrade in the future.

Budget (including currency): around $700 or inr 50000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite, some editing and microsoft office 

Other details (Planning to build on April 2021 this is my first pc its a budget build so i wanted to know if i should go with i5 9400f or ryzen 5 3400g

Processor : Ryzen 5 3400g or i5 9400f   (need help) 

Ram : 2 x 8 16gb @ 3000mhz
Storage : 128gb ssd (booting)

1tb Hdd 

PSU : Corsair CV450

1 minute ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@Irfu7whats your gpu? 

I havent planned on a gpu yet my plan is that if i go with 3400g ill have 2gb integrated graphics but if i am going with i5 9600f ill add up some pocket money and buy maybe a 1050 not sure abt that. Should i go with i5 9400f or r5 3400g can u help

Just now, RAM555789 said:

Would go with the i5 9600f and buy a used GPU.

i guess i5 9400f is better than 3400g am i ryt

thanks for this support i never thought i would get replies

9400f does NOT have integrated graphics.

3400g does, but will be expensive for the performance you get.

9400f will have ok performance, but you'll be stuck with a motherboard that has little room to upgrade to more powerful processors in the future.

If you choose the right socket AM4 motherboard (one with socket B450 or B550 or maybe even B520)  you'll be able to upgrade in the future up to 16 core processors - you could buy them used cheap, a few years from now.

A B450 chipset motherboard may support Ryzen 1xxx (depends on bios, some dropped support to add ryzen 3xxx support in bios)  and Ryzen 2xxx and 3xxx processors and a lot of them will support Ryzen 5xxx processors with bios update.

A520 and B550 chipset motherboards will only work with ryzen 3xxx or higher.

You could get a Ryzen 2200g for cheap or a Ryzen 2600 / 1600AF (it's 2600 but tiny bit slower) if you'll get separate graphics and you'll get better room for upgrades in the future.

If only we could get Ryzen 5xxx CPUs in stock and stop having random price jumps in the 3xxx CPUs....the 2nd gen Ryzen's though are still a solid choice if you wanna upgrade in the future but I would rather get better performance now out of a 9th gen intel CPU and go for a bigger upgrade in the future.

16 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

hmm, anyway i wont be upgrading processor any soon but i will definetly upgrade ram and stuff so i guess for now ill go with i5 9400f

A big Thanks for everyone who helped me with this topic