Asus ROG Strix b550-f Wifi won't recognize USB drive

Hey guys what's up, first time on here and first post. Been reading some forums and you all seem very helpful. Just finished building my setup, Asus Rog B550-f wifi, at first I was having an issue with the ram like SayDan was, I was able to flash the BIOS, the problem the whole time was my usb drive, under properties it was saying Fat32 but I guess it wasn't, a new one did the trick, but now it does not recognize the USB at all, trying to put Win 10, at first it would not recognize the HDD at all, not using a SSD at the moment, but I cannot for the love of God get it to recognize the USB dvd, if anyone could help I'd appreciate it very much, thanks ya'll.

Did you flash a beta BIOS to the board by any chance? I recently had an MSI Z490 board that refused to detect any USB drives after flashing it with a beta BIOS. Flashing it back to a fully supported one resolved the issue. You could be having a similar issue

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

@tarfeef101 thanks for the response, you know I think I did use the latest beta BIOS, I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see where that takes me, now let me ask you, if i flash it back to a previous one it should override the new one right? I'm sure it will, I've never bought a board that i had to do this with, it was the DRAM lighting up first, thanks a lot, will post once it gets working. I should put on here what my specs are, will do soon, again thanks for the response.

Edited by LogicalDrm

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

Also fixed tagging. You must select the name from menu and use @-sign. Or quote. Otherwise others don't get notified for your reply.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 hours ago, Liquid_Soul 2.0 said:

@tarfeef101 thanks for the response, you know I think I did use the latest beta BIOS, I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see where that takes me, now let me ask you, if i flash it back to a previous one it should override the new one right? I'm sure it will, I've never bought a board that i had to do this with, it was the DRAM lighting up first, thanks a lot, will post once it gets working. I should put on here what my specs are, will do soon, again thanks for the response.

Yeah, flashing backwards is almost always supported (there are some weird edge cases with 300 and 400 series boards going through many generations of compatibility, but you should be fine)

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...