Is The AIO vs Air Cooler Video Flawed?

So, I've watched both of the LTT videos about if AIOs or air cooling are better. But, I have noticed that they are missing the fact that a lot of other people make air coolers and AIOs. So, it seems as if this is more of a Corsair vs Noctua video, rather than an air cooler vs AIO video. I know it's impossible to get every single aio/air cooler, but I am confused that they decided to give a "final answer" while just comparing 2 companies' coolers. So, this makes the whole AIO vs air cooler debate pointless because it depends on the AIO. For example, the Arctic Liquid Freezer II outperforms the D15/U12a, but the D15 or U12A beats the Corsair 360mm AIO. Probably because Corsair AIOs are probably made for aesthetics only. So, does this make the way these videos concluded kind of flawed? Or does the point still stand for some reason. And I'm talking about pure performance and noise, not something pointless like the ease of mounting unless you can't mount the cooler. Idk, it seems kind of pointless to give a "final answer" if they only tested 2 companies making the same type of cooler.

Corsair is representative of majority of AIOs since 90% of AIOs on the market use Asetek designs, which is what Corsair is, NZXT, Asus, etc..

As for air coolers, Noctua is basically the best you can buy in terms of air cooling performance, so it makes sense to use the king of the field to test against to see if there really is any difference. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, TrueFacts said:

the Arctic Liquid Freezer II outperforms the D15/U12a

data? proof? source?

2 minutes ago, TrueFacts said:

Or does the point still stand for some reason.

the point still stands, aios and air coolers trade blows, neither is per say better or worse.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

Corsair is representative of majority of AIOs since 90% of AIOs on the market use Asetek designs, which is what Corsair is, NZXT, Asus, etc..

As for air coolers, Noctua is basically the best you can buy in terms of air cooling performance, so it makes sense to use the king of the field to test against to see if there really is any difference. 

Do you think LTT should have tested the best of the best on both sides or test the most popular?

Just now, TrueFacts said:

Do you think LTT should have tested the best of the best on both sides or test the most popular?

Most AIOs of Asetek are the same, just "skinned" to fit the customers logo and needs. They all basically function similar for the majority. You won't really find much better in the AIO space, save maybe 2-3c. I have zero qualms in there testing. If you want true testing of EVERYTHING, you would be better served watching GamersNexus and there coverage over LTT. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Letgomyleghoe said:

data? proof? source?

the point still stands, aios and air coolers trade blows, neither is per say better or worse.

(What you are about to read might start of sounding stupid.)

Gamers Nexus. Yes, I know that people trust Steve WAY too much. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPaSEGe6ML0

It's probably the radiator thickness that gives it better performance.

"aios and air coolers trade blows, neither is per say better or worse."

True.

3 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

data? proof? source?

need to remember also, the Liquid Frozer lineups were not around when LTT did there video, 3 years ago... 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

9 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

need to remember also, the Liquid Frozer lineups were not around when LTT did there video, 3 years ago... 

I'm referring to 2 videos. One 3 years ago and one in 2019. But that point still stands. I guess they might need a follow-up.

9 hours ago, TrueFacts said:

I'm referring to 2 videos. One 3 years ago and one in 2019. But that point still stands. I guess they might need a follow-up.

You should link to video you are talking about for clarity. Especially since you are talking about older videos.

There is probably (its been awhile since I watched the videos so if I don't remember if they say it or not) hidden point about price/performance. For the most part D15 and other dual towers will beat 240mm AIOs in pure performance. And in price/performance beat the higher tier ones too. The price/performance is usually something people don't seem to consider that much, not even when talking about CPUs or GPUs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's not just about performance but also failure rates. AIO has a much higher failure rate just from the nature of it. More parts, more problems.