PC crashes during games. Ryzen 3 3600, 16gb corsair ram, rx 5700

phalanx12

UPDATE: FIXED BY UNINSTALLING NEWEST RADEON DRIVERS FOR STABLE ONES (19.12.1) CRASHES ALOT LESS NOW IF EVER.

Crashing a lot especially when gaming. I crash after playing RDR2 after like 10 minutes and GTAV after like 30. I checked temps, newest bios, drivers, etc. this used to be a problem of mine and i heard that corsair memory can cause crashing in amd systems. When i crash the whole PC crashes and reboots, the game freezes and the sound glitches. i also checked for power draw issues but my system never pulled over 350 watts.

System:

ryzen 3 3600

16gb Corsair vengeance lpx memory.

Ab350m-ds3h Gigabyte motherboard

rx 5700 asus evo

450+ rosewill 80+ bronze 

I still think it's a bad PSU. While the entire PSU might not be overloaded, the rail that the GPU is on might be overloaded, especially if it's an older PSU with a multirail setup or if the PSU is just worn. Either way I would not feel comfortable running that unit with a 5700XT and a 3600. 

If that is not the case however, it might still be a bad driver or a conflicting driver. Have you run DDU yet to uninstall the GPU drivers and not just hit "clean install" when installing new ones? If you have, a Windows reinstall might be helpful. That being said, AMD isn't known for their driver support. It's gotten better, but RDR2 is known for having horrible compatibility with AMD cards, as well as crashing problems in general. GTAV is also not known for working with AMD cards very well, so it's possible that it is just bad drivers giving you a problem.

13 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I still think it's a bad PSU. While the entire PSU might not be overloaded, the rail that the GPU is on might be overloaded, especially if it's an older PSU with a multirail setup or if the PSU is just worn. Either way I would not feel comfortable running that unit with a 5700XT and a 3600. 

If that is not the case however, it might still be a bad driver or a conflicting driver. Have you run DDU yet to uninstall the GPU drivers and not just hit "clean install" when installing new ones? If you have, a Windows reinstall might be helpful. That being said, AMD isn't known for their driver support. It's gotten better, but RDR2 is known for having horrible compatibility with AMD cards, as well as crashing problems in general. GTAV is also not known for working with AMD cards very well, so it's possible that it is just bad drivers giving you a problem.

the thing is this problem used to happen to me alot when playing MW. And out of nowhere i was playing MW for hours on end with no crashes. And even Gta used to never crash this often. This problem seems to go away and come back for some reason.

2 minutes ago, phalanx12 said:

the thing is this problem used to happen to me alot when playing MW. And out of nowhere i was playing MW for hours on end with no crashes. And even Gta used to never crash this often. This problem seems to go away and come back for some reason.

It's still probably a driver issue then. More accurately AMD drivers being AMD drivers. I'd still try running DDU to see if that fixes it (remember to run it in safe mode), but otherwise just accept that you might just have to wait until AMD fixes their drivers again. 

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

It's still probably a driver issue then. More accurately AMD drivers being AMD drivers. I'd still try running DDU to see if that fixes it (remember to run it in safe mode), but otherwise just accept that you might just have to wait until AMD fixes their drivers again. 

damn i guess u right thanks 

I've had that exact issue with the LPX memory in my system, if I try to push it beyond 2866mhz at 1.37v, it crashes either immediately, or its stable for a bit and then random BSOD. I resigned to stock JDEC settings for now and its been bulletproof since.