Astro A50 EQ settings for footsteps

Monzon

Ok guys, so I stream Warzone, I was using the astro a40 gen 3 and the footsteps were incredible, I could here people from so far away. I upgraded to the astro a50 gen 4 and I CANNOT find a EQ set up that comes any where close. Does anyone have a decent preset I can try? I have tried all of daredevils stuff on reddit and zefferance, neither are any good for footsteps! Cheers

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2021 at 10:02 PM, Monzon said:

Ok guys, so I stream Warzone, I was using the astro a40 gen 3 and the footsteps were incredible, I could here people from so far away. I upgraded to the astro a50 gen 4 and I CANNOT find a EQ set up that comes any where close. Does anyone have a decent preset I can try? I have tried all of daredevils stuff on reddit and zefferance, neither are any good for footsteps! Cheers

Hey if you don’t mind me asking, what was your settings for this. If it’s ok with you, I would like to try them out. Please and thank you 

• 4 weeks later...

I dont have them unfortunately, thats why im searching for them

If we are talking about eq The a50 stock has a pretty decent sound sig for gaming as it's already fairly neutral the headphone itself is just closer to the bad side of the spectrum but it's definitely serviceable. If we are to eq this following a measurement to be more neutral first thing to do is turn down where the bass peaks at 100 -200hz 3-5 db. This should be enough to optimise the headphone for gaming as gunshots and bases shouldn't be as loud and you can focus on footsteps which are mainly mids and treble. If you play siege though I would hesitate to Go with the eq as their is a fair amount of information in the midbass and up region in the bass.

image.png