Superior GPU: 1080 Ti or 2070?

skaughtz

So long story short, I recently RMA'd a 1070 Ti and am receiving back a 2070.  I guess that they were out of stock on 1070 Ti's now, but I'm certainly not complaining.  I also have a 1080 Ti in my main machine.  Has the 2070 surpassed it now in 2021 with driver improvements and optimizations or should I stick with the 1080 Ti?  With GPU prices the way that they are now, I can certainly get a decent ROI on either card if I decide to sell one, but I would rather keep the better one in my main gaming rig (I typically play 1080p or 1440p at 60Hz on a television as I sit too far away on my couch to make it worth playing at 4k).  I am completely unfamiliar with the 20 series RTX cards, so any advice is appreciated.

I'd stick with the 1080 Ti unless you want to try ray tracing or if its a 2070 super rather than a regular 2070. Driver improvements can only do so much, as remember, a regular 2070 performed about as well as a 1080 non-Ti, and there's no way you can make that improvement between the two in drivers. 

Thanks, fellas.  The 1080 Ti is still a beast for my purposes, so that is how I was leaning.

Now the difficult question of selling the 2070 or replacing the 1070 in my other rig with it.