How to make your own internet! (Question)

Master AA 39

Hello everybody, 

I just want to ask you guys if you know how to make a internet at home. I need help with this as I am not that experienced in these type of works. I need to know if and how I can make a at home internet with a server and everything. 

Just now, Master AA 39 said:

I just want to ask you guys if you know how to make a internet at home

To make your own "internet", you would need to set up a bunch of connections across the globe.

I think you mean home network.

In that case, just get a router and/or switch and wire things up.

There's more to it than that, but I'm not experienced enough for that.

elephants

Do you mean just a local network? theres quite a lot of videos covering how to set up a basic network

2 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

To make your own "internet", you would need to set up a bunch of connections across the globe.

I think you mean home network.

In that case, just get a router and/or switch and wire things up.

There's more to it than that, but I'm not experienced enough for that.

What happened is that my internet provider put data caps on my internet recently and I was wondering if I could counter that. I also wanted to boost speeds as well.

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

Do you mean just a local network? theres quite a lot of videos covering how to set up a basic network

Yes, I mean home network. 

3 minutes ago, Master AA 39 said:

What happened is that my internet provider put data caps on my internet recently and I was wondering if I could counter that

No your isp is well aware of the amount of data they are sending you. Regardless of what's done on your end they are monitoring the amount of data you're using on their end.

3 minutes ago, Master AA 39 said:

Yes, I mean home network. 

What devices do you want to connect to each other? Do they need to access the internet outsite your home?

4 minutes ago, Master AA 39 said:

What happened is that my internet provider put data caps on my internet recently and I was wondering if I could counter that. I also wanted to boost speeds as well.

well your could get anouther isp. But your gonna need a isp to connect to the internet. Also your isp limits your speed, so its really pay your isp more or find a different one.

1 hour ago, Master AA 39 said:

This internet provider Comcast? If the answer is yes, the way to counter the data cap is to pay for "Unlimited". Unlimited costs $25/m if you rent their XFI gateway, OR $30/m if you choose to use your own modem. 

As it stands there are no ways around ISP data caps. Most just count any traffic that enters or leaves the modem. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.