smd capacitor fell off from my motherboard!!!

i dont know if its  necessary of something, but there is a photo i got from google images. its a h61m vg4

capacitor.jpg

The chip near those surface mounted capacitors is the audio chip (ALC662)... those capacitors are either for smoothing power going into the sound chip or for decoupling the audio channels ... if the first, the audio chip may randomly glitch or restart (you would get error messages in windows saying a device has restarted or something like that). if the later, you may not hear sound in one channel, or you may only get audio in one channel when recording from microphone or line in.  They could be for front panel audio connector channels (headphones or microphone jacks)

If you get a lot of errors or some serious stuff in windows, you can go in bios and disable the onboard audio and buy a separate sound card - usb sound card or a pci-e x1 sound cards if the video card doesn't block the slot.

12 minutes ago, bryantheone said:

i dont know if its  necessary

There are no useless items on a motherboard. If it's there, it's there for a reason. If the thing is intact, it can be soldered back on.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.