Audio gets corrupted unless there is constant audio playing

zarathrusa

This is a weird one. My audio will get corrupted after a few minutes of being idle without audio playing, although sometimes, albeit rarely, it stays perfect when I leave it on over night. The onboard audio does not have this issue, but my sound card does. I run my headset and mic through my soundcard. I even recently replaced my soundcard and the issue persists. I do not know what the issue could be. Maybe a broken pci port? But everything else runs perfectly. I run windows 7 if that matters at all. This has been happening for a few months now and my pc used to not have this issue. When I built my rig the soundcard was in place and didnt have any issues until a year and a half after it was built. Both my soundcards were sound blasters. First one was a soundblaster z and the one I have now is a soundblaster ae-5 plus. All help is much appreciated. This issue is such a pain in the ass as I have to restart my pc every 5 minutes or launch a game with constant sound asap.

58 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

You should upgrade to Windows 10.

Windows 7 still has some security flaws.

Windows 10 sucks ass. Just a bunch of spyware and it looks trashy. I used it for 3 years and always will prefer windows 7.

34 minutes ago, zarathrusa said:

Windows 10 sucks ass. Just a bunch of spyware and it looks trashy. I used it for 3 years and always will prefer windows 7.

Use Windows 9, then.

Windows 10 base with Windows 7 look and less telemetry.

Windows 7 also has had some weird issues with compatibility too.
And I understand.

I prefer 7 too.

But I prioritize security over personal preference.

elephants

2 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Use Windows 9, then.

Windows 10 base with Windows 7 look and less telemetry.

Windows 7 also has had some weird issues with compatibility too.
And I understand.

I prefer 7 too.

But I prioritize security over personal preference.

Im gonna stick to 7, my security isnt an issue. My brother is a security major and he makes sure everything is as secure as possible.

Just now, zarathrusa said:

Im gonna stick to 7, my security isnt an issue. My brother is a security major and he makes sure everything is as secure as possible.

Still, using 7 could be part of your problem.

Is there a particular reason you're using a sound card?

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Still, using 7 could be part of your problem.

Is there a particular reason you're using a sound card?

Well I've had 7 for 2 years or so on this machine and no issues until the past few months. I just like the audio quality. Sounds much better and my mic also sounds a lot better. I produce videos and edit audio on the side so quality is an issue.

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Did anything change in the past few months?
And I recommend checking out Windows 9.

https://www.eastcoast.hosting/Windows9/

I check it out, but I am not aware of any changes that could have produced this. I've reinstalled all my sound drivers and deleted the old ones. It just happened out of the blue one day.

I check it out, but I am not aware of any changes that could have produced this. I've reinstalled all my sound drivers and deleted the old ones. It just happened out of the blue one day.

Only thing that I can think of that happened in the last few months is Windows 10 20H2.

But that shouldn't affect it...

elephants

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Only thing that I can think of that happened in the last few months is Windows 10 20H2.

But that shouldn't affect it...

I think its a pci port thing because my onboard works perfectly and different soundcards had the same problem. I mean my motherboard is going on 3 years.

I think its a pci port thing because my onboard works perfectly and different soundcards had the same problem. I mean my motherboard is going on 3 years.

That could be.

I personally don't have any experiences with partial failure on custom computers (they work or don't for me, but when they're laptops or something only part of it fails).

Which motherboard is it?

elephants

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P. The weird thing is that everything else on the board is fine.