I have no display and getting 1 long and 3 short beeps during POST

Revelr
Go to solution Solved by Revelr,

Alright, I'm having an absolute headbanger of a problem. After upgrading to higher frequency RAM, I'm no longer getting any signal to my monitor. I've done all the normal troubleshooting things.聽 I've checked that the RAM was seated properly. I've reinstalled the old RAM (still nothing which threw up the WTF flag). I powered down completely and cleared CMOS. Tested each DIMM individually in every slot (both old and new). Popped out CMOS battery and left it out for as long as 30 minutes. Cleared CMOS again, and tested each DIMM individually again. Still nothing. Still the same POST code.聽

I installed both the old and new RAM in an old build and it works just fine. I cleared CMOS on the older build and tested again, and they work fine. I am now thoroughly disgusted and have no clue how to proceed. All I did was swap the RAM in my system and looks like I need to buy a new motherboard..

System specs:

Ryzen 3700x

Asus X470 PRO

OLD RAM: Ballistix DDR4 2400 4GX4

NEW: Trident Z DDR4 3200 8GX2

RTX 2070 Super

PSUV Corsair CX650M

Help me. Help me please 馃槶馃槶

And the POST code says it's a memory issue. For AMI type BIOS.

Alright, I'm having an absolute headbanger of a problem. After upgrading to higher frequency RAM, I'm no longer getting any signal to my monitor. I've done all the normal troubleshooting things.聽 I've checked that the RAM was seated properly. I've reinstalled the old RAM (still nothing which threw up the WTF flag). I powered down completely and cleared CMOS. Tested each DIMM individually in every slot (both old and new). Popped out CMOS battery and left it out for as long as 30 minutes. Cleared CMOS again, and tested each DIMM individually again. Still nothing. Still the same POST code.聽

I installed both the old and new RAM in an old build and it works just fine. I cleared CMOS on the older build and tested again, and they work fine. I am now thoroughly disgusted and have no clue how to proceed. All I did was swap the RAM in my system and looks like I need to buy a new motherboard..

System specs:

Ryzen 3700x

Asus X470 PRO

RTX 2070 Super

PSUV Corsair CX650M

1 minute ago, Revelr said:

System specs:

Ryzen 3700x

Asus X470 PRO

RTX 2070 Super

PSUV Corsair CX650M

What does the mobo manual say about the beep codes?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.聽

Post your post code. i'm to old for this crap but they do pc people alot.聽

4 hours ago, Revelr said:

System specs:

Ryzen 3700x

Asus X470 PRO

RTX 2070 Super

PSUV Corsair CX650M

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1029959/

Your GPU isn't plugged in correctly. It's fully seated in the PCIE slot and has 2 6+2 pin power cables plugged into it?

image_2021-01-22_151335.png.b1c75e5de02b6648f28dc87788e53502.png

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X470-PRO/E13883_PRIME__X470-PRO_UM_WEB.pdf

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post.聽

Project Hot Box

CPU聽13900k, Motherboard聽Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM聽CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC,Case聽Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tb,聽CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i,聽Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator,聽Displays聽Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard聽Mountain Everest Max,聽Mouse聽Mountain Makalu 67, Sound聽AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR聽

Oppbevaring

CPU聽i9-9900k,聽Motherboard,聽ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8)聽GPUs聽Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080,聽Case聽Mining Frame, 2x聽Storage聽Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB,聽PSU聽Corsair RM1000x and RM850x,聽Cooling聽Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Mismatched ram sticks? that seems suspect. Not for sure. tried base configs?

To be honest if your running what the聽tag line says your hardware is you have way more money than brains