Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need recommendation on opening a new 10pc gaming business

Budget (including currency): 800$/pc

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey guys,

I currently want to open my own Gaming lan, I want to start with around 10-15 computers, my budget is around 12k$, what would be ideal or the best way to do so? Creating one mega computer as Linus did 4 years ago, would that be efficient and work good? or buying separate computers? thanks in advance

10 minutes ago, lorikklenja said:

Budget (including currency): 800$/pc

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey guys,

I currently want to open my own Gaming lan, I want to start with around 10-15 computers, my budget is around 12k$, what would be ideal or the best way to do so? Creating one mega computer as Linus did 4 years ago, would that be efficient and work good? or buying separate computers? thanks in advance

not sure if opening a lan during a pandemic is the best idea

Creating one mega computer would be nothing but problems for a number of reasons. what country is MK?

Just now, Downkey said:

not sure if opening a lan during a pandemic is the best idea

Such thing doesn't exist in my country 🙂

Just now, rakkir 196 said:

Creating one mega computer would be nothing but problems for a number of reasons. what country is MK?

Macedonia

Skipping right over the "interesting" statement about the pandemic not existing there...

My recommendation would be to invest the money, or if you're determined to do something "fun" with it, spend it on the proverbial hookers and blow, because the chances of making a successful business out of this are vanishingly slim.

Main PC | Ryzen 5 5600X - ASRock X570 PG Velocita - RX 6800 Reference - 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz - 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe

Folding/Plex PC | Ryzen 7 3700X - Asus X370 Crosshair VI Extreme - Asus Strix RTX 2080 + Asus Strix RTX 2070 - 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2400mhz - Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD, 2x 3TB HDD

Emulation PC | Ryzen 5 3400G - ASRock A300 DeskMini - 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2666mhz SO-DIMM - Samsung 840 500GB SSD

On 1/22/2021 at 8:27 PM, lorikklenja said:

Such thing doesn't exist in my country

WTF? Read in the papers a few hours ago that you guys up there are thinking about closing borders and extending lockdown during mid february...