Seeking advice with future headphone purchase. suggestions?

headphonequestions

Hola everyone! I am seeking some advice on future purchase.

I am a competitive player mainly in the FPS scene, I play a bunch of different ones but mainly Rainbow Six Siege.

I have used a few pair of headphones, 770, 990, 1990, T1 ( 2nd gen ) Logitech G pro & a handful of in-ears.

I run them all on my Modius - Asgard schiit stack & before that I ran them on my GOXLR interface.

I had to part ways with my 1990 and picked up the Beyerdynamic T1's which I must say I have not been super impressed with.

So I come to you to ask for advice, I see a lot of SHP9500 being mentioned, however difficult to get your hands on in EU ( willing to fish for some in NA and pay import if I have to )
Various Sennheiser 5xx variants / 800S ( super high end )

I am really just looking for some feedback/experiences/recommendations if anyone could be so kind -
the more the better, I am happy to read a longer paragraph if it means more information

TLDR:

Gaming headphone for FPS games ( competitively )
Can be run via high-end DAC/AMP
In a quiet room, sound leak/background noise is monitored/controlled.
Budget - no ceiling 

my advice is get some noise cancelling headphones for peace and tranquility

18 minutes ago, headphonequestions said:

Hola everyone! I am seeking some advice on future purchase.

I am a competitive player mainly in the FPS scene, I play a bunch of different ones but mainly Rainbow Six Siege.

I have used a few pair of headphones, 770, 990, 1990, T1 ( 2nd gen ) Logitech G pro & a handful of in-ears.

I run them all on my Modius - Asgard schiit stack & before that I ran them on my GOXLR interface.

I had to part ways with my 1990 and picked up the Beyerdynamic T1's which I must say I have not been super impressed with.

So I come to you to ask for advice, I see a lot of SHP9500 being mentioned, however difficult to get your hands on in EU ( willing to fish for some in NA and pay import if I have to )
Various Sennheiser 5xx variants / 800S ( super high end )

I am really just looking for some feedback/experiences/recommendations if anyone could be so kind -
the more the better, I am happy to read a longer paragraph if it means more information

TLDR:

Gaming headphone for FPS games ( competitively )
Can be run via high-end DAC/AMP
In a quiet room, sound leak/background noise is monitored/controlled.
Budget - no ceiling 

Fidelio X2HR's for a really really wide soundstage apparently, still decent imaging and good bass. (These can be bought on amazon.de or co.uk for about 150 euros)

HD 58X for a more vocal presentation and less bass. Great imaging but not that of a huge soundstage.

If you are up for planar magnetic, the HE 4XX's are good I've heard, not that good of a build quality. The HE 400i 2020's are supposed to be good as well. Sundaras are a better pick since the build is better and the sound is just more refined.

I've recommended these based off of reviews.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)