• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Core detection issues with Speccy and a 5800X

Go to solution Solved by Moonzy,
3 minutes ago, Smartiefox said:

Thanks a lot. šŸ™‚Ā 

Ā 

Since even that tool does not have a selective temperature monitoring I assume there is really no way to look at core temperatures separately, right?!Ā šŸ˜…
(Hoped speccy has this like it had for my Intel setup)

im not too sure if it's possible to monitor individual core temps of ryzen

i think it just reports the hottest part of the die, not necessarily core

Ā 

maybe try HWinfo, i never use it personally but it's widely recommended around here

Ā 

and welcome to the forum! remember to quote when replying so people will see it

Hello everyone.

Since I searched for quite a while without any satisfying results, I hope maybe one of you can help me solve or at least detect the problem here.Ā 
I recently managed to build a new PC with a ryzen 5800x. Everything works quite fine. (Except for the known high-temperature issues with the zen 3 ryzen models....)Ā 

'
But when I try to monitor my system using Speccy, I get a result of having 16 one core once thread CPUs installed so it is almost impossible to check thermals, clocks and so on.Ā 
Is there a compatibility issue with the most recent ryzen models and speccy or could I have messed up something?
I updated every driver a week ago when I first installed the system.

Would be good to know if someone has the same problem as I do.Ā 

~

image.thumb.png.0e02615aa046d8c24203fcf0ed067f35.png

while im not sure if speccy is compatible with ryzen or not (i heard it's very old, so most likely not)

Ā 

ryzen master is what you can use

My PC: Desky | Beddie | Miney 01 | Money 01Ā | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment)

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

ProductsĀ I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD,Ā Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products IĀ hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way pastĀ the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

CompaniesĀ I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: builtĀ like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I hadĀ good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it'sĀ relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

Ā 

Thanks a lot. šŸ™‚Ā 

Ā 

Since even that tool does not have a selective temperature monitoring I assume there is really no way to look at core temperatures separately, right?!Ā šŸ˜…

3 minutes ago, Smartiefox said:

Thanks a lot. šŸ™‚Ā 

Ā 

im not too sure if it's possible to monitor individual core temps of ryzen

i think it just reports the hottest part of the die, not necessarily core

Ā 

maybe try HWinfo, i never use it personally but it's widely recommended around here

Ā 

and welcome to the forum! remember to quote when replying so people will see it

My PC: Desky | Beddie | Miney 01 | Money 01Ā | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment)

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

ProductsĀ I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD,Ā Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products IĀ hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way pastĀ the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

CompaniesĀ I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: builtĀ like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I hadĀ good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it'sĀ relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

Ā