What capacity NVMe will I need for my Laptop?

Citrusflavour01

I never use half of my 16GB RAM and I don't game often. I multitask with documents, browsers, email and files. I want faster speeds while I'm using Files explorer. What capacity will I need and does it make a difference?

Upgrade in the making

MY CURRENT PC - GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro V2 | Ryzen 9 5900X | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz C16 | RTX 3070 Ti VENTUS 3X | 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe | 1TB SAMSUNG 980 NVMe 3.0 | RM750x Corsair | Corsair iCUE H150i Elite CAPELLIX | Corsair iCUE 7000X RGB 

HOw much space are you using? This really depends on how many files you have and where you put them(cloud/local/nas)

Id probablly go with 256gb as a minimum, and go 500 if it isn't much more.

Really depends on your usage but if you dont use storage much I would say 256gb minimum. Do you save alot of files to your computer? Like videos? Big documents? If you do then Id say 500gb minimum.

45 minutes ago, Citrusflavour01 said:

I never use half of my 16GB RAM and I don't game often. I multitask with documents, browsers, email and files. I want faster speeds while I'm using Files explorer. What capacity will I need and does it make a difference?

Usually if you laptop has nvme or m2 it also has sata. I have installed windows 10 on a 64gb SSD and it was fine with basic programs and room to spare.  Now for just the OS you should go to 128gb and up + a normal HDD for your files

In my laptop I use m2 for boot drive + 2 HDDs in software Raid0 ( one in the normal spot + one in place of the optical drive that I don't need )

That way you have a super fast drive for the OS + more speed than a single HDD for your files/games.