Cleaning the side window of Fractal Design Define R4

BigChimp97

Hi Guys

I've had my R4 for about a month now and started to notice some dust on the inside of the window and wanted to get it off, so I used a microfiber cloth and it doesnt seem to lift it.... at all, can anyone give me some tips on how to do so?

Thanks!

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

Hi Guys

I've had my R4 for about a month now and started to notice some dust on the inside of the window and wanted to get it off, so I used a microfiber cloth and it doesnt seem to lift it.... at all, can anyone give me some tips on how to do so?

Thanks!

Your avatar fits my avatar.

Antway, try it with a t-shirt or something like that? I heard you can get scratches on there by cleaning it.

Just wash it off in the shower or with a hose.

Obviously remove any fans or other electronic stuff attatched to the side pannel before you do it.

If it's anything like the side panel on my case (acrylic?), i've got a piece of soft foam... super soft foam, that I use to wipe the inside of the window. 

I rub the foam on my jeans to get a bit of a charge on it, 1 wipe and it's done.

Tired of hearing people say you can't install OS X on AMD hardware. Educate yourself.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/138853-just-got-myself-into-a-fully-working-hackintosh-amd-no-less/

Just wash it off in the shower or with a hose.

Obviously remove any fans or other electronic stuff attatched to the side pannel before you do it.

I believe the window is made of perspex so it'll scratch so easy if i use my jeans hahah, ive heard that microbiber's the best and now i've got it back on the case it looks better but i may have to give the whole watering it down method a go, although wouldn't i be left with water marks? and how would i dry it?

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

I believe the window is made of perspex so it'll scratch so easy if i use my jeans hahah, ive heard that microbiber's the best and now i've got it back on the case it looks better but i may have to give the whole watering it down method a go, although wouldn't i be left with water marks? and how would i dry it?

compressed air/hair dryer on a cold setting, or kitchen roll in a padding motion.

compressed air/hair dryer on a cold setting, or kitchen roll in a padding motion.

Might have to give it a go :) have you ever tried this yourself?

Your avatar fits my avatar.

Antway, try it with a t-shirt or something like that? I heard you can get scratches on there by cleaning it.

OMG it does ._.

Might have to give it a go :) have you ever tried this yourself?

Yeah, I wash cases in the shower all the time to get dust off. It is the quickest way ive found.

compressed air alone wont get the tiny bits of dust off, but the shower always works.